Drifting sinkers ?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nasty nate, Mar 5, 2008.

1. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Can any one tell me where to buy drifting sinkers? The only place I know where to get them is at a couple stores around santee, but I only get down that way about 3 to 4 times a year if I'm lucky.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Check under the BOC Sponsors Section.
    Team Catfish and Catfish Safari Tackle Shop both carry them.

3. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks man I'll check into it

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Also check out the library, they are easy to make yourself if you are talking about the snake weights. I make them out of 8 1/4 oz. egg sinkers.

5. outoftheboat

outoftheboat Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I make mine. I use a barrell swivel, trotline string, and 1/8 ounce egg sinkers. I use 4 sinkers with a 2 1/2 inch cork. It will stay on the bottom even in heavy wind. It's almost nuetral in the water. It weighs just enough to keep it on the bottom.

6. greenwoodfaithful

greenwoodfaithful New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Here is the only place I have found to buy them on the net. Same as the Eagle Claw brand Rivers Country Store has.

www.eburch.biz/magnum_slinkey_weights.htm

I hope the link works. If not, start at eburch.com and go the sinkers page and look for them there. Order several times and work well.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Not sure what part if SC you are in, but there is a store in Rock Hill, SC that sells everything you need to make them for about $25-$30 including the lead.

PM Billfish76, Mudkip, or myself and we can tell you the name of the bait and tackle store.

8. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have been making my own sinkers. I buy my stuff from the Fisherman shack. I found it on the internet.

9. hammertime

hammertime New Member

State:
    Ga.
    I make my on out of parachute cord & buck shot. I have used basket ball net that goes on goal it is hollow cord. Melt the ends and crimp with pliers.

10. captinparker

captinparker New Member

State:
    SC
    Catawba Tackle in Rock Hill on India Hook Road has everything you need to make your own. Parachute cord & buckshot

11. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
  12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin thanks for the link. Appreciated.

13. mf7406

mf7406 New Member

State:
    ga
    for my drift sinkers, i order a 5# bag of #1 buck shot from cabelas. then i go to a shoe show store in town & buy thick 45" athletic shoe laces. roll them in your fingers to make sure they are the hollow ones. i put 11 shot in a length of string to make a 1 oz. sinker. then just burn ends w/ lighter & flatten w/ pliers. burn a whole in one end w/ a hot ice pick & it's ready to go.

14. wild bill jp

wild bill jp New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the website info and welcome to the BOC Stanley.... Now, that makes me 10. I guess I'm all proper and everything is right with the gods now.....

15. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Could you please tell us the exact brand and model number of the shoe strings you buy. I've bought way to many strings that end up not working. Until you get them home, open the package and then cut them...you cant tell for sure.

I have repeatedly heard that shoe strings work but for some reason I keep asking what brand and nobody comes up with a answer.

I already make my lead. I cant afford $52 for 10 lb of shot. I myself don't like using the parachute cord, it's to stiff for me, imo.

many, many thanks to the one that can answers me !!!!

-Jim-

16. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    You can buy you some nylon clad rope that has the paper centers and do it the cheap way, I did.