Drifting lakes in Arizona

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Secret Agent, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :eek:oooh:I fishy with my 5 kids on the baot alot and we focus on channels because the action is quicker and more steady. Has anyone had any experiance with drifting and boucing the bottum in the AZ lakes? thinking about drifting the north shore of Roosevelt Friday night with the yoiung un's.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i drift the lower colorado river once in awhile. use two poles. one with gill, (that i caught in river :wink:) and other with liver or mackeral. usually start about 6 miles north of imperial dam, and drift almost to dam. do fair. but actually do better fishing holes i know.
    gary

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    haha...thanks for the clarification Gary :smile2: wouldn't want anyone to get upset..:smile2:

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    overkill, did you misspell something? or did someone post on wrong subject?
    gary

5. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    not sure :eek:oooh:...trying to figure it out but I didn't see anything mispelled??

6. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Wow Terry, I thought I had my hands full with four kids but you've got me beat! Of course three of mine are girls so you guys do that math...that's a lot of little boys I'm gonna have to run off...

7. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    i got two girls overkill so i know what you mean. good luck to us both.

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Drifting works well at Roosevelt.. The channel cats can be at dirrerent depths in the water column..

* Try several lines varrying the depth, (and baits).. Don't try and bounce them all on the bottom though... There are lots of downed trees at Roosevelt and it makes this type of fishing hard especialy when you are dealing with kids..

* A

9. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Not familiar with the lake you are referring to but I fish many Reservoirs here in Iowa and I actually troll for my Cats using two in the shoot and 4 on planers off to the side. I constantly catch a lot of fish because I cover a lot of territory till if find a school of active fish. Only then will I sit on the spot for a few and not troll. I troll at 1mph by the way.

10. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Three girls 2 boys. I am crazy fishing is my only release.

11. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yep...it's one of my escapes, too...

12. dieselaw

dieselaw New Member

State:
    az