Drifting for catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bait Eater, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Bait Eater

Bait Eater New Member

State:
    southwest missouri
    I was wanting to know if anyone drifts for Blues on pomme or stockton? I fish on trueman but pomme and stockton are not as far from the house.:confused2:

2. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    I drift and jug on pomme some, caught a lot of nice channels and a few flatheads but never a blue. They have to be there but haven't found any. Hope some one with some positive info replies to your question.

3. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I dont think the MDC wants Blues on either Pomme or Stockton. Those lakes are known for Muskie and Walleye and the Blues would become the dominate species quickly. Just my 1.5 cents worth. See ya on the water!

4. Bait Eater

Bait Eater New Member

State:
    southwest missouri
    Thankyou guys. Idid not think blues was in big numbers on pomme or stockton. I will keep going north for the blues, and go to there for short trips for crappe .:0a23:

5. Bait Eater

Bait Eater New Member

State:
    southwest missouri
    Ok can anybody tell me if anyone drifts for blues on tablerock or bullshoal ? :confused2:

6. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    dont know how much they are targeted, but they are there. they certainly arent renowned for their blue cat fisheries, but you never know, maybe its just overlooked. im not sure ive even heard about tablerock or bull shoals in any threads on here. if all else fails make a pilgrimage up to warsaw, theyve got what your looking for. FOR SURE!!!!

7. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    well, this thread got me looking around and im not sure if there are blues on table rock. i couldnt find anything stating that there were, but who knows. i would probably check out bull shoals first i know there are blues in there. if im not mistaken i think ive heard of at least one taken that broke 100lbs taken by spear gun, but if anyone can correct me plase do so.

8. Bait Eater

Bait Eater New Member

State:
    southwest missouri
    Well I do all of my catfishing at warsaw on truman an LOZ unless I go back home to southeast MO to the Campbell-Malden area then I fish my favorite place the MISSISSIPPI RIVER around new madrid. Now I live in Nixa just north of tablerock and bull shoals. I know truman and LOZ is known for big blues, but it is 96 miles to warsaw. With gas prices, I am looking for fishin closer to home. But, I may have to suck it up and make the drive. Steve, a friend of mine in warsaw, says I'm not going to find catfishing down here as good as up there. But i am always looking for a new fishing hole and i'm hard headed.:0a22:

9. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a lake house at Pomme and fish there quite a bit but also fish at Warsaw alot. I've tried to catch blues there but never caught one. I catch more channels than flats but no blues. I've even put trot lines out basically experimenting to see what I ended up with but no blues. My bait of choice is always live bluegill and or cut shad. Blues got to be there because it is a river system that was dammed up but I think they're rare. Chris