Drifting at 13 - River is right but no bites..

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bait Boat, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well the water is right but I did'nt get a bite yesterday. But it was relaxing
    just to have the river to myself. Water is just a bit stained. I don't know
    were them blues are . Me and BIG Sam will try them sat. Plenty of shad
    just no bites:smile2:

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    They can feel that cool weather change a coming!!! In the 40's tomorrow morning:0a18: better break out the wind suit:wink: fall is here!!! We will do our best to track them down.....there on the move.....if fresh bait wont work we know we can break out the "7" and save the day....that is what we've done the last 3 times out!!

3. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Thank God for Secret 7 . :smile2:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good luck this weekend, I bet ya find some active fish somewhere. I'll be up in a tree tomorrow thinking about fishing :smile2:.

5. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I went bank fishing about 3 times below clear creek this week. Very little luck most everything was small and not many of them. We did have one thing that got the blood to stiring. A very small cottonmouth was in the river, he came swimming for us. My wife was with me and she said it about time to go. He got on bank and I hit him with a rock and took a fishing pole and flipped him out in the river he was dazedbut came too and back he came righ for us as he got close to the bank I flipped him out again right back he came but about 20 ft up stream. i decide fishing wasn't really that good anyway and it ws dark enough I couldn't see him so I left. We hadn't been there but about an hour and only caught 2 small cats. they were on secret 7. Like Sam and Johnny said it really is a lot better with cattails, it stay on the hook a whole lot better. Good luck this weekend everyone.

6. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I can't handle snakes. We are about to go fishing here in a minute.
    I'm at the office working a little. Were gonna give um h-ll thanks for the report. I'm sure well have something to report sun whether we catch
    any or not Big Sam is fun to fish with anytime:smile2:

7. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well we hit the ramp at Vache-grass park about 8am ....Regan had to get a morning steak-fix at the golden corral...he hurt e'm that's for sure!!!:smile2::tounge_out: Shad was in the creek..had to throw a few times but we got plenty:wink: It was a thick fog couldnt see 10ft in front of ya starting out so we played it safe and drifted a while...no luck:angry: We graphed miles of river ...no fish...of any kind:eek:oooh: no surface action....no shad....so we burned down river around arbuckle island by courthouse slew.....we found a hole that went 22ft and it was loaded with fish on the graph...at least we felt better!!! We anchored and threw back into the hole..and waited..and waited and....:tounge_out: we decided we need to move after a few "dink" bites..then my "7" landed a mini-blue..then as we were reeeling in regans 10fter with a c3 on her went down and stayed down ...i immediately arose from my pearch ready to land that bad -boy...his rod stayed down ...he began the battle:cool2: it was short-lived:confused2: the fish turned and went hard it was over 30lb trilene-electric-blue was broken.....there was massive slime on the line for 2ft!!!! It was easily over 15lbs...the 1st good blue in a decade seems like....after that we fished the Big-flat by where boliver was bank fishing....we just couldnt locate fish we tried hard..ended up with 5 channels and 1 blue.....all on "7"....there moving toward scranton and dardnelle for the fall feast in my opinion.....that will be my next move.....we laughed hard most of the day wodering if Johnny got a deer and if he was hunting in his shorts,tank-top & sunscreen????

8. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Fishing for the blues is almost as bad as the cowboys losing 2 in a row
    and the hogs giving one away. we should've took my rc boat to
    ozark with charlie d sounds like they did pretty good. I went back
    sun morn and struck out again. This is for 777 I had a 10pt buck
    swiming by my boat sun morn. All I had was a 4ft dip net. I thought
    about it but I've wised up in my old age. That would have been a
    real gunfight. He had about 17 inside spread . I'm about ready
    to shoot something since I cant catch any blues:smile2:. We ate for a solid
    hr The cook told me I was killing him I ate alot of steak:roll_eyes:

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Look's like i am headed for a double-header at the end of the week...Johnny chimed in said @#$% with hunting too-hot!!:tounge_out: He is needing to scratch that itch in the "war-wagon" looks like friday is the day on Kerr..gonna be cool:wink: Then saturday morning Regan & I are loading up the RC in the "Grizz" and running that dude in the Locks:eek:oooh: Something is gonna give in 2 days.....No Buffet saturday BB..were cuttin ya back:eek:oooh::tounge_out: 38 for the low saturday morning:0a18:

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I got to scratch that itch a little this morning, Killed an 8 point:big_smile:. I'll be ready to do battle come Friday morning:cool2:.

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Good I'll be ready for a "little" taste of that deer sausage!!!!:tounge_out: That's the best part about johnny hunting....I can eat it!!!!!:eek:oooh::smile2: Congratulations on the deer..now maybe you'll be ready to fish:0a5: MAybe that severe front were gonna get will en-tice the blues to feed!!!! Hell it cant hurt!!!!

12. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I sure do wish Oklahoma didnt have that license deal. year from purchase seems more logical to me. Im waitin twiddlin my thumbs for the time to buy the license. I want to hit kerr get practiced up for those polebender tourneys. Guess I will have to spend some extra money on temp licensing. BS. LOL. Congrats 777 on gettin yer deer. Sounds like BB has it down for deer huntin, just follow them in the boat. :smile2:

13. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Congtats 777 on the meat in the freezer trip. Me and Big Sam ate
    5o lbs of food at the coral last sat. If we could just catch some blues
    we would be in good shape:smile2:

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I believe 32lbs of that was STEAK-TIPS!!!!:tounge_out::wink: Put them "Croc's" on up Bait-Boat 38 saturday morning 57 for the high...i can feel big-ones in the gates from here:cross: I am gonna be ready....I got a secret weapon for ya to send up in them locks for me:cool2: It might storm later today & get nasty.....Mac i feeel for ya oklahoma is Jan 1st to dec 31st 40 big ones plus 5 to save the wildlife:wink: Glad ya had a good time on your fishing extravaganza enjoyed reading your trip reports!!

15. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well I hate to say it but I'm cuttin back on my eating Can't hardly button
    my pants something got to give so I'm gonna have to work out a little
    Maybe a 40 lb blue would cut a inch or so:smile2:

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well going from 3lbs a bacon to 1 1/2lbs is progress!!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out:

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    jimney crickets,,,,,,,,, Thats alot of greased pig. might take 2 40lbers to work that off. :smile2: is there even a 40lber out there??????????:eek:oooh:I seem to keep finding the 4s :sad2: Drove over 13 today coming home from academy and the only movement was the wind..........not a sole fishin. it looked like a ghost town. Come Monday My middle son and I are going to launch from ftsmith park over by the lighthouse. any of ya done much fishen on that stretch? got any pointers? Mac

18. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I have never fished that part for catfish. just bass tournaments years ago

19. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    There is an opening on the right as your headed toward 13 (ghost-town ) . It's been a while since i been there. If i remember right it's up past the river bridge that crosses over to van buren at the sonic. Be looking on the right hand side for an opening. It will drop off steep with a bunch of old big logs coming off the bank. it used to be a honey hole with big blues hanging out in that area. I havent fished it in a couple of years mac, it's not real far up from that bridge either, Good luck !!! It is the best spot i know in that stretch of the river:tounge_out:

20. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    That is really close to Mutiny!!!!:eek:oooh::smile2: