Drift socks on bass boat - need to know basis and i need to know

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catfish_express, Jun 9, 2008.

1. catfish_express

catfish_express New Member

State:
    south carolina
    will a drift sock work on a bass boat

2. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    I don't see why not. I have one for my 23ft. Polar boat.I would use it out of the back of the boat
    to try and drift straight.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    all a drift sock is a water anchor that slows you down in the drift, if you can tie it off on you boat it will work, i always found it worked best with about 25' of rope out. good luck fishing

4. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I didn't realize that more rope = better results. I have 2 5ft dia socks for my 25ft pontoon. I let them out only about 5 feet out. Will try longer next time to see...

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    More rope equals less control. More rope will slow the boat more but it will also sway the boat more. I have 2 10' socks and they are on about 6ft of rope. As was said above a drift sock will work on anything you can tie it to.

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I use a gripper mounted near the center on the edge of my back deck. Seems to work just fine with about 6 feet of line. :wink:

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I've got a 16' Bass Tracker, and sometimes use 2 (3') drift socks off the back of my boat; one has about 15' of rope and runs lower than the other, which has about 12' of rope. Together, they work pretty well. If they can't slow me down enough, then it's probably too windy for me to be on the water anyway :smile2: