Drift Master Rod holders

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Where is the best place to order these from and what model are the best???

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Drift masters are nice.....you can get the Scotties like mine at Cabela's for 14.99 a piece,

I'll send you a PM....

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I like the driftmasters, don't get me wrong, but goodness, they sure are proud of their product! $$$$$$$$$$$ That's why I don't have but 2 of em, (and those I got used from Grumper!)

You have to buy the holder and the mounting base seperate! which adds up quick!! and if you're going to be fishing the Mississippi, you will need to go with the half inchers which are even more $$$$$

Just my opinion....and who the heck am I and what do I know????:crazy::crazy:

p.s. (I know very little of anything, it's safer that way for me!! :smile2:

4. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    Just my opinion....and who the heck am I and what do I know????:crazy::crazy:

:smile2: umm ya can bench press a buick ,, dead lift a tractor ,,squat a bus .

umm need we say more ???? lol

i agree i have the pro duo drift masters and a few i think 20 or 25 degree angle ones all in 1/2 inch and i love them .. but i agree with rat the silly bases are way too much so i made my own :wink:

I took 1/8 inch flat steel that is 2x4 inches and welded a 1/2 -13 heavy hex nut in the center and bolted that to my top rail of my sea ark or gunnel its called . lol got like 50 cents in each base

if you dont have a welder im sure any muffler shop would weld them for ya for little of nuttin .

just make sure ya get heavy hex nuts

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Thanks Scott!! LMAO!!

That's a good idea though! By the time you buy the dang bases and the holders, you're darn near $30-35 bucks a holder! :crazy: That's crazy!!

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    ya they want allmost as much for the silly base as the holder itself . plum crazzy i agree:angry:

7. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I was thinking about getting some of them and I too figured I would just make my own bases.

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Just like Scotty, When I first put my driftmasters on the boat, I couldn't afford the bases right off the bat. I made my own, and they looked great, but after I got everything else I needed I went ahead and bought the driftmaster ones. I made my homemade ones in about 5 minutes, and they were free!:cool2:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    1/2" Driftmaster Duo's. Pony up the $$$$ and don't look back because they are the sh!t.

10. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Grumper/Skipeye
    What model Driftmaster do you have and where did you purchase them at? I was also wondering if either of you have the left hand threaded models.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  11. JMANWI

JMANWI New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have the 1/2" Driftmaster Duo holders on my boat. I have had no problems and have no complaints. They are not cheap but they are well worth the price. Beats losing a rod and reel with cheap rod holders any day.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Let me add it up.

$150.00 Reel
    $80.00 Rod
    $30.00 Power Pro

= $260.00 each rig plus terminal tackle.

I had a 3/8" driftmaster break on a MONSTER SLAM that broke my 50lb leader also in a split second. The rod caught on what was left of my shattered rod holder and luckily I saved it. A good rod holder pays for itself whether you will ever know it.

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You da man, Darryl!! I have ten of the Driftmaster pro duos, 1/2 inch, and they are the HEAT! Nothin' out there that can compete with them. THE best, hands down! BTW: I set mine at the exact position I wanted them in and welded them to my stainless trolling bar. Don't have to worry about them moving when I get a hit, nor do I have to worry about thieves snatchin' them off quickly. I do agree that the bases are ridiculously expensive, but easy to make yourself, however you decide to mount them.

Bill in SC

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  14. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Scott, I have the Driftmaster Pro Flatliners. 25 degree angle. I would go with the 25 degree or the 45 degree trollers, whatever you prefer. I got mine from Steve Brown of Catfish Safari, but you can get em as Bass Pro for the same price. Not much markup on drifmaster products.:wink:

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I have a source for the Driftmaster pro duos 1/2 inch for $17 plus shipping for BOC members only. If anyone needs the addy, hit me with a PM. BTW: I'm sure the other Driftmaster styles are available too.

BB in SC

16. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    i have a few 1/2 pro duos on my boat and love'em. I bought a few of there mounts and sent them right back when i got them, a piece of steel and a 1/2 nut is all you need.

17. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well im prolly not gonna change the minds of some of you die hard drift master guys!

but as a sponsor here on the boc!(MONSTER ROD HOLDERS) i would like to hope some of you guys would keep an open mind! and take a look see at our monster rod holders! specifically designed by a tournament catfisherman for catfishing! our rodholders come in several different models that constructed with 1/2 in. threaded stems are larger in size than the driftmaster. it also boast a larger rod butt opening for you guys that fish with rods that have large rod butts, so no more fighting your loaded rod to get it out of the drift masters! you guys know what im talkin about! our best sellers are the double action rodholders, we have a (0*-30*) and a (33*-45*) double actions. we also have a uniquely designed and the only 360 degree deluxe auto adjust base in the industry, for you multi-technique fisherman out there! they will adjust 360* in seconds and no tools needed to adjust! our economy bases 1/2 in thick have a 4 point attachment design for added security! we also offer the only weather guard available in the industry, to help protect your rodholders threads from the elements and corrosion! MONSTER ROD HOLDERS has been in business for a year and a half and is growing every day! we have got rodholders in 29 states now, and is the OFFICIAL ROD HOLDER for the CABELAS KING KAT TOURNAMENT SEREIES!

did i mention the are also the best looking rod holder on the market!

ATTN: anglers!
    as a fisherman i do understand that buying equipment for your rig can dig deep sometimes, especially if you need multiple holders, thats why we have our monster deals for rigging new tournament boats or replacing old holders! the more you buy the cheaper they get!
    (lets see any other rod holder manufactures do that!)
    get your monster deal today! call steve, the number is on the website!

we also have 3/8 in. rod holders for the crappie guys, and light duty fishing!

our rodholders are built with love! and made in America!
    MONSTER ROD HOLDERS HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY AGAINST BREAKAGE!

check us out on the web! http://www.monsterrodholders.com/index.html

Attached Files:

18. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Hey Okie, stop in at Bluff City on Fri. or Sat's and ask for Mark McMurry tell him you fish the Riverbend trail and you will get atleast 10% off tell him I sent you and you might get them even cheaper. Bluff City should be stocking Driftmasters on a regular basis soon.

19. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Justin
    I was in there right after the last tourney and they didn't have any at that time. I all ready know Mark and Butch pretty well since they see me a couple times a week. The river eats up stuff pretty quickly....

20. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got 10 of the 1/2inch Duo's made my own base like most do :wink: These holders are one tough cookie & will last for many years to come. In my opinon the best made.:big_smile: Why spend a few bucks on a holder that will not last or you will not be happy with....The 1/2 inch Duo's let you set your rods to run the bait clicker or at an angle to set those circle hooks & best of all you dont have to touch them to do it!!:cool2: