DRIFT MASTER ROD HOLDER TO JOHN BOAT ROUND RAIL

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by POLECAT, May 26, 2008.

1. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    Recently bought a 14 ft topper john from bass pro and struggled with various rod holders that would securely mount to the 1 1/4 inch round rail of the john. Spent too much money on 2 drift master holders and the screw on type bracket to mount them ( the mounting brackets wouldnt hold them tite enough ) . I work for a trucking company in the shop office and one day I happened to look up at the mirror braket on a drivers door and low and behold -- there was just what I needed. Its a aluminum universal CB antenae mounting bracket that clamps to round mirror bracket on a big truck !! Didnt have to change a thing so I just drilled 2 holes under the boat rail and tightened it down. Put the driftmaster thru the hole and put a washer and nut on under neath side and used wing nut on top and tightened. Talk about solid -- these things are really on there and dont give a bit. You can get these mirror mount CB antanea brackets just about any where that sells CB radio's including truck stops. Hope this helps some of you with the same dilema I had.

2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    i only use driftmasters, one thing is that they make a left and right hand tread, on the port side you need to use the left hand tread and of corse on the starbor side the right hand tread, this thread design is to ensure the rod holders stay tight. if you put a right had thread on the port side it will be almost inpossible to keep tight. Driftmaster will aslo make custom lengths if you go to there web site and call them.