Drift Fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by BROWNING7MMMAG, Jul 27, 2008.

1. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW HOW MANY OF YALL CATCH BIG BLUES DRIFT FISHING ON THE JAMES THIS TIME OF THE YEAR?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have never fished the James, but it seems that drift fishing is by far the preferred technique for catching big blues here at the BOC, regardless of what time of year it is. Good luck and keep us posted of your outings

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have never seen anyone drifting the James. I always talk about trying but never have. Caught a few big ones anchored up though.:smile2:

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    The next time I get down there, there are acouple of spots that I believe would be excellent drift spots. (humps, and sunken debris)

5. wadeq

wadeq New Member

State:
    virginia
    We caught 1, 56 lbs and while fighting that fish, I hooked into a 58 lb blue cat. Both came while drifting. I am new to this method but I can tell you it does work. I know a couple of places it seems to do very well! Down towards Jimmy Deans place on the right hand side. Lots of humps!

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My brothers and I always talk about it but have never tried. I will give it a shot this fall and winter when I start fishing again.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sounds like some awesome fun there in VA:cool2: