Drift fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by glenc, Aug 30, 2006.

1. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Can someone give me an idea on how drift fishing works. What rig set up is best and what type of bait.

Any help is appreciated

Glen

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Have you checked out the Library, glenc ? Lots of good stuff there.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Glen there is an excellent thread on drift fishing in the blue catfish discussion area. It should have just about everything you will need to know to get set up for it. Vern

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You need to clarify what kind of "drift fishing" you're doing -- to some folks, it means drifting in a flowing river and to others it means drifting with the wind in a lake.

The discussion over in the Blue Cat forum is mostly centered around drifting on a river. So keep that in mind in case that's not the kind of drifting you're talking about.

As for bait, nearly everyone uses fresh shad, either cut or live. On a river, you might use cut carp, skipjack, etc. but on lakes, it's shad almost exclusively.

5. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glen, I don't know much about drift fishing as I don't own a boat. I recently fished with a guide at Santee. We drifted with the wind and used the trolling motor. Our lines bumped along the bottom. We used cut perch for bait. Your bait would really depend on the waters you are fishing.

Tony

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas