drift fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by holmesridge, Sep 7, 2005.

1. holmesridge

holmesridge New Member

how should i drift fish? I fish the ohio river. I use skipjack. Do I just drop the bait to the bottom, and drift?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Larry,
    have a good look around the posts. There is a very informative one on this subject. I would do you a link but I'm a computer moron!...W

3. holmesridge

holmesridge New Member

I gave it a try this moring, did't do any good. Thanks for the reply metal man. I've already researched the subject. I just wanted some tips, for the river I fish. I did fish my normal method. I landed the biggest striper I have ever caught. I caught it on live skipjack. :cool:

4. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I tried drifting snagsssssss and lots of them and no fish lol we (me and the wife) tried it at the dam (pool 18) for the 1st time it seemed we was drifting infront of all the locks about the same distance

5. Catfight

Catfight New Member

State:
    Summerfield N.C.
    I'd just bounce some cut shad about a foot off the bottom and hang on. I love a good Catfight.

6. Flyingpig

Flyingpig New Member

State:
    Lakewood, Illinois
    Larry,
    I've had some really good luck using a three-way and then running my bait about 2 foot off the bottom.

Charlie

7. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Check your private messages. Sorry about the slow reply.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Tailwaters would probably be the last place that I would try to learn to drift fish. For 2 reasons snags and the speed of the drift. Try a smooth flat bottom in an outside bend of deep water. Good luck. Vern