Drift Fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Arkie55, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I don't know anything about drift fishing. Would like to see someone write a good detailed post about the subject. Inclued all the details. Like, river drift fishing, weight, hook, bait, depth, rigging, speed, ect... Lake drifting, same information. When do you elect to drift over setting a hole? As you can see, I'm clueless. Someone please write a good How To on this subject.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Arkie go to the BOC libray and you will probably find more than you want on drift fishing.;) :)

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Terry, here is a link I've been following. I really enjoy drifting the Arkansas River, we have a couple of places that are 1/2 mile long or so and when we get to the end of our run we fire up the motor and go back and do it again. I've not done any lake drifting for that matter I've not done much catfishing at all on lakes other than trotlines but maybe I'll get a chance before too much longer.

ST

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624

4. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the replys. I'll be asking more questions as I try to learn this method.

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Terry, scroll through all the blue catfishing threads page by page. There is several good threads in there with more posts than you can imagine. Also scroll through the general catfishing threads the same way and you might find some ,ore info on drift fishing. Vern