drift fishing oologah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by truckguy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. truckguy

truckguy New Member

State:
    Texas
    So, im going to take my girlfriend catfishing this weekend! i was really wanting to take her drifting. i have my ideas about it but have never actually done it. heres what i was going to do-
    -drive up the channel
    -drift wherever the wind blows us.(almost)
    does this sound right? or any other suggestions-where or how?

she is really new to fishing and wants to catch a big catfish, so what would be my best shot to help her accomplish this?

i was going to use cut bait but also take out shrimp and stinkbait. sound like good bait choices?

any help would be greatly appreciated?

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    joey use good fresh bait let the wind do all the blowing in around 20ft of water let your lines back about 150yd this should get you on something if this don't work bring her to santee an i will give her some lessons the roundhill

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I've been catching channels and blues in Central Oklahoma in 24 foot of water. Using minnows threaded on the hook like worms. They should be at about the same depth up there.

4. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Joey; Try 2 or 3 baits to see what they want but fresh shad is hard to beat, try drifting the location in sections, you should find them in 20'-25'.
    Hope this helps.

5. truckguy

truckguy New Member

State:
    Texas
    great stuff! i'll try and see what works. but from the weather repots i dont think i'll be heading out this weekend, at least not in the boat. :(
    but hopefully with all this rain they will be opening the dam back up; the fishing is pretty sorry with no water running, at least for me. cant seem to catch anything but lil ol' small ones!

how have you guys been fairing down there?