Drift fishing lakes

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by boedict, May 12, 2009.

1. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    James do you do a lot of drift fishing? I would like to learn more about this I can fish the river but would like to learn more about lake fishing.:big_smile:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Troy i hope u get a lot of info posted to this thread; i would like to learn more about drifting myself

3. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I believe that the best way to learn is to go with a guide or someone that is willing to teach you. Dont worry about catching the fish of a life time with them, but watch what they are doing. Then you can see how its done, and ask questions all day long. If you catch fish thats great. I hired a guide when I moved to Charlotte from MD and told him up front that I wanted to learn and catching fish is a good thing, but I wanted to learn.

We had Roundhill out last night at the Carolina Catfish Club meeting and he is full of knowledge and says he drifts 90% of the time.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Look under tool bar at top of page Member Library Table of Contents lots of drifting info in there. Run the treads lot info about drifting and drift socks, drift rigs.
    Good advice is hire a guide they will be glad to teach you how to fish the Santee lakes.
    :tounge_out:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    ":....We had Roundhill out last night at the Carolina Catfish Club meeting and he is full of knowledge and says he drifts 90% of the time....."

You missed a great oppurtunity to learn from a master!

Roundhill is also a guide and worth EVERY PENNY! I agree with Billfish76 in hiring a guide. I learned the basics from hiring a guide years ago, and saved MONTHS, if not years, of trying it myself.

6. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Troy, you can learn a few details about drift fishing at Mac Byrum's Catfish University. I have a couple articles about this techniques. Go to http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=433

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You can also order a DVD from Catfish Connection called "Drifting for Blues", which has some good info.

8. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    a fine line indeed freind ...(personal experience):smile2: