Drift bar ideas

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Oct 5, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey yall what would the best way to make a cheap drift bar... I was thinking about using 1" or 1 1/2" emt conduit to make it with aircraft cable for support then paint it all.... any one got one for sale or a cheap method.... PLEASE let me know....

2. Carolina Cat Crew

Carolina Cat Crew New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Heya Bro, I have heard of guys using 1" Gas pipe, It will be alot more durable than conduit, just get you a couple of 90 degree elbows for the bends or you can even take it to a local exhaust shop and they can bend it for you for a couple of bucks. Hope this helps out. Good Fishing.
    : Carolina Cat Crew

3. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    We made one for a friend of mine out of 1 1/2 muffler exhaust tubing. We knew the muffler shop guy, so we did it for less than 25 bucks, cost of the tubing.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I got one I can sell ya if you want it,I dont know what size you are looking for as far as width goes.The one I have is all aluminmum,It has 6 adjustable rod holder mounts,they will pivot to any angle you want them at.Also they are adjustable across the bar as well,It also has the mounting holes in the feetof the legs.
    The one I have is about 14" high and is adjustable from 53"-57".maybe a little more.I had it on a Jon Boat I used to have and its been stored in a building ever since.It does not have the rod holders with it though,it will take any 3/8 rod holder.I will take $40 for it if you want it or anyone else for that matter.Just Pm me if you want to check it out.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  5. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I tried to open the pics and they would not open!

6. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Here is a few pics of it,sorry the others would not open in the format I had em in:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  7. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    What about 7/8" unistrut with 1/2" or 3/8" slide nuts to screw the rod holders in. You would have to use a small plate between the rod holder and the strut, but it would be adjustable. It would be a little heavier than aluminum and would rust unless you keep it painted.

8. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    You fixed that in a hurry!

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    David empty your Inbox,Its full,you cant recieve messages:tounge_out:

10. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member