Drew a blind today

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by IL Hunter, Aug 13, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I went out to my local lake today to try to draw a duck blind for the season. I got lucky and my buddy's name got pulled out of the box. I'm not sure how good the spot is, or how much work that the blind needs, It's a spot I can hunt everyday before work or school. Now I'm really excited for the duck season to come in.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's cool, Tyler. I hope it turns out to be a great spot and that the blind is in good condition. Have fun!

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats great! i wish you alot of luck.

4. bird_dog2011

bird_dog2011 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ya good luck make sure u have good decoys and good calls....hey how many pple do u have becaue if u have more than 3 people you will have a great season just remember the more cover on the water the more ducks and if you want a good season i would save some money and buy a good duck call a good one will caust maybe 75-100$$ thats not bad it will last maybe 5 years or more if you take good care of it... people have said good luck its not luck it the skill so i say just go out there and have fun..

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    This isn't my first year doing the duck hunting thing. I've got a few people I'll be hunting with. I didn't bother wasting money on a duck call. I have an assortment of cheaper ones that are under $30 that work jsut fine. I blow a Tim Grounds Pro Super Mag for geese. Those cheap goose calls just don't blow well. We have plenty of decoys and a good dog. I've jsut blown a whole bunch of money and the season hasnt even started yet.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats on the draw. Our state draws here are this Saturday. We have five in our group and have been lucky the past few years but I try not to expect getting lucky. A lot of guys go home empty handed. I haven't been drawn in probably 10 years. Good thing I have lucky friends. :lol:

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Our State draws are every 3 years, and last year was the drawing. The town I live in has a local drawing every year to hunt the city resivoir where 1/3 of the blinds go up for grabbs so it's pretty neat.

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well, I shouldn't have jinxed myself. We had five people in our group and struck out. I had bought a new blind for my boat last year and didn't use it much because we drew two blinds last year, but it looks like I'll be getting my money out of it this year.

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats not all bad then. No reason you cant have a good year on the boat blind.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'm bummed a little but the one good thing about not having a "go to" spot is it keeps you mobile to hunt where the birde are. I found that last year a lot of the time I didn't bother to find where the birds were. We'd just hunt one of our draws because it was easy. So it's all good. Better luck next year, I hope.:lol: