Dresden boat ramp

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 12, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i checked out the dresden boat ramp today. no more progress has been made. there is a gate across the road locked chain and lock. you can't even get to it. i guess the town is trying to keep people out so the ground doesn't get tore up any worse till it gets paved sometime this late summer. i will keep you posted...rollo

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is that the ramp at the Ellis Lock, or is there one above the dam?

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    He is talking above Ellis.

4. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey catfishrollo also heard that they removed the wing dams on both sides of the ramp... whats the deal with that?

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hoped they would leave them, it pushed the current away, and deflected the mud. would be a good thing to leave, esp. with the channel going that way.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to the boc game of inches

7. Kinch's_cats

Kinch's_cats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Jammer, the ramp catfishrollo is talking about is right in Dresden underneath the historic bridge. The state is putting in a brand new boat ramp and some kind of facility. That area right there around the bridge is great for smallies as well.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they have a dozer in the parking lot and are dumping stone on the soon to be parking lot. i will try to find out at work when we are scheduled in there to pave it. hopefully here soon. :wink:

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Looks like they may be shooting for Memorial Day... Too bad we can't use it this week.... You know why!

10. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    I wish they would have left the wing dams as well it would have helped with putting in and taking out. It also would have been a smallie magnet. Have you heard why they removed them catfishrollo?
    Thanks for the welcome

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jared i checked it out today. there is still a bunch of dump rock there, and there is a small wing dam still there. just not as big. the have a nice dock coming off the bank. looks like the kitty of all ramps to me! i also recieved some info today guys. my boss said they recieved a call yesterday saying that they would be ready for our company next week. the crew im with will go and put more stone on it, grade it for pavement. im not gonna say it will be ready for the holiday, actually i bet it won't. but its only a few weeks from being done. i will keep everyone posted. and i will be the first to drop a boat for testing. lol:lol:

12. Game_Of_Inches

State:
    Ohio
    Now thats what I like to hear Jason hear. All the rest of us just hope you boys don't screw it up too bad.

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    after spending close to two hours cleaning the new ramp with my fellow laborer, the engineer that designed the ramp arrived allowing me to go home and get my boat to drop in for the first time for pictures. i have to say it is everything i was hoping for. the ramp has a slight slope making it easy for a 2-wheel drive vehicle to launch. there is a huge dock to the right of it also making it easy for a single person to launch his or her boat and has plenty of tie off points. parking is gonna be plentyful when complete. the only downfall i can see is that area is known to flood regulary, and will take plenty of maintenance to keep it clean. however, i have been waiting along time for a nice ramp close to home. im sure it will get plenty of use.:big_smile:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im gonna take 2 people i work with in the morning, they don't fish much. gonna drop in around 4 am and take them for a couple hours before work. i know how sick some of you are about this! lol this is a first for me. i have to say. i just can't believe they would get a job, 2 min from home and it would be a boat ramp! they should have shipped me somewhere else:lol: lol
    let you all know how we do