dredging Lake Evans

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Feb 12, 2008.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i cant wait when they get done dredging lake evans, im sure the fishing will pick up here in downtown riverside, they are dredging lake evans and fairmont, they are leaving the pond alone, anyone wanna come with me when they are done and give it a try? they should be done sometime in May, closer to catfishing season by the time:big_smile:

here is the link for the news clipping

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_dredge09.3fbe680.html

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry to intrude on your thread brother. Im just wondering if dredging an area helps the fishing get better in the long run? one of my spots here got dredged not long ago and the action there has been off ever since!

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    the lake im talking about is a city lake, it is stocked once a year with catfish, they have tournaments for the locals, the lake has not been cleaned in 25 years and that is really filthy if you ask me, they are also thinking about stocking trout as well later down the road, what lake was dredged in your neck of the woods? and how big was it?

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dang May, what they using a shovel and a wheelbarrow and a 6 man city crew:wink:

5. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    they just started a few days ago, i say may because i think thats when the fish will calm down

here is a link to a simmilar machine

http://www.conbar.co.uk/sandgrav.htm

6. badams

badams New Member

State:
    california
    I aint sure about such things but I'd say the fishing aint gonna be worth a pop corn fart for several years. They dredge up anything on the bottom that might give fish cover. Try May 2011