Dream Hunt To Texas

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Ace, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I went on a dream hunt to Texas in 12-19-1994 I went with two brothers Steve and Eric Bohannan. I worked for their dad for 28 years before I lost my job 1 year ago this past June.They shut down the company.

We hunted at Dolen Creek Ranches in Del Rio Texas on the Rio Grande.
    We had a great time hunting.It was a sahari style hunt.We rode atop
    the 4 wheel drive jeeps and spoted the deer with binoculars .Then we would stalk the deer to within shooting range.We all got 3 deer each I gave two of mine to the Mexican people that worked on the ranch.I have 6 pics to share.

:big_smile_2: :look_down:

:cat:

2. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Dream Hunt To Texas

:look_down:

:cat:

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures, Ace. You see that blackbuck antelope mount? I got one of those last May, on our hunt over in Gonzales, Tx. I got a blackbuck & a ram, & my husband got a buffalo. It was just a small little place, but it was our first time to do anything like that. Thanks for posting this. I'd love to get to go again someday.

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    great deer, Ace! i bet you had a great time. i would love to try Texas someday. i have never had the extra money, though. i also love the pics!!

5. charliep

charliep New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas Ace. Del Rio is a long ways from me. Never hunted south Texas but I know there are lots of nice deer there.
    charliep