dream boat?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mhbomber, May 27, 2008.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    putting price aside, what is your dream catfishing boat?

2. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    A 20-foot pontoon boat with a 50 HP Yamaha four-stroke outboard motor.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    a 22 ft phantom jet with a 200 hp Merc sportjet and a cabin with heat.

45 mph in 4 inches of water.... Whooo Hoooo! :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

4. mrwhiskr

mrwhiskr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A Carolina Skiff, mine is 19 ft with 60 hp. Drifts well, trolls reluctantly, cruises well.

Mr.Whiskr

5. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    my dream boat would be alumcraft 175 navgator sport with 115 optimax on it. and i'm buying one friday can't wait.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Man, I have thought about this ? many many times.... Right now I would lean towards the SeaArk ProCat 240 with a Yamaha 225 four stroke. Then again I think that there are some very sweet Boston Whalers out there that would make great catfishing rigs, and they claim to be unsinkable!

I know one thing for certain, it would have all the power I could handle, be very comfortable to fish from and have some sort of enclosure for fishing the winter time blues!

7. Foam Steak

Foam Steak New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a 24 ft Carolina Skiff with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke that I like pretty well. Works in the Ocean, as well as the big rivers.

8. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like the Procat 240 too. I would like it with the big ribs that come with the C.U.B. models though.

9. jlangford

jlangford New Member

State:
    texas
    Hummmmmm, thats an easy one...the best boat is the one with me sitting in it, rod bent over and me yelling " get the net, get the net". I've got two boats, a 24 ft Bayliner cuddy cabin and a 14 ft john boat with a 15 hp merc 4 stroke on it. The Bayliner is really cushy but harder to handle, the john boat will go just about anywhere but gets really uncomfortable after a while.

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like my boats big, ugly, and bulletproof. I dont care about all the frills. I mainly fish shallower rivers compared to most so I need a flatter bottom. I would love to have a SeaArk 2072 RiverCat, center consol, with a Yamaha 150 jet.

11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    hmmm.....id probably say a SeaArk DuckHawk 2472ss.lots of room for decoys and i could still throw some rod holders on the side during the summer time

12. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i would like the 24ft sea ark or the 24 ft carolina skiff. motor choice would be mercury optimax.i am pretty happy with my 1648 lowe and my new merc 25 hp efi right now though. i fished all night running up and down the river chaseing jugs and catching bait . fished for about 14 hrs and burnt 3and a half gallons of Gold ,I mean Gas.

13. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    A SeaArk procat 240 with a 4 stroke Suzuki 300 (with 225 stickers...:smile2:)

14. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Any aluminum Deep-V with a big enough outboard to push it 40+ mph. Walk through windshield would be nice, but not a neccessaty. Also would be nice to have an enclosure for winter fishing the Ohio.It would also be nice to have a huge Livewell big enough for a couple of 50 pounders for tournament fishing and a seperate baitwell. $500 dollars worth of good rodholders all the way around. A big trolling motor for drift fishing. I know a guy that has just the setup in an 18 foot G-3 with a 115 Yamaha, but it was $30,000 clams. Vern

15. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    That SeaArk Pro Cat is one sweeeeet Catfishing Rig... At the top of my "dream list"..... You gotta remember, it was designed for a catfisherman BY a Catfisherman....

That video on here showing some of the features really impressed me.. Self draining front deck for netting bait, tie down locations for your coolers, 5 gal buckets, etc.. Setups for aftermarket bait tank/livewells if needed.... Belly tank... features go on and on....

Why convert a boat, when one is being made for ya..

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Well picking up my dream boat this next Sat a 20' North River Mariner with 150 Yamaha outboard jet http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74359 only thing is now what do I dream about now:smile2: new boat kinda looks like this but green and a foot longer

Attached Files:

17. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    For the waters I fish a 20 to 22 foot aluminum deep v would be perfect. Outboard motor preferable as it frees up interior space. Plenty of room for two to sleep. Removable seats for added comfort and versatility. Full enclosure for cold nights and to keep the heat in. A bimini top tall enough to walk under. A big livewell to keep big fish in. Lots of storage room so everything doesn't have to be sitting on the deck or in the way. Windshields are a must in my book. A kicker motor in case the big one takes a dump. Lots of other little things but those can come later.

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I am very happy with my 2072, but i wish it had a motor that would push it 45mph and get 15mpg does anybody know of a motor that can do that?:smile2: