Dream boat.

Discussion in 'Boating' started by ShilohRed, Oct 30, 2006.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Now here is a dream boat. how many times have you wished for a bay boat to catfish out of?
    Yes Center console, That is forward enough to open the back of the boat up. And also has seats at the back to watch the rods from. Can take the cooler out and theres even more room back there. Also comes standard with a 40 gallon shad tank.
    http://www.bluewaveboats.com/220_Striper.cfm
    man this is one nice Boat the way its set up. Can't believe I found a boat that has lots of room in the back and just think. Mount the rod holders along the back and you can reach them without a problem.
    Now here is the best part. This company will lay it out like you won't it. Not like the cookie cutter boats out there.

Pete

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thats a real nice boat! THe only drawback I see is that its fiberglass.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Nice boat Pete. But I gotta agree with Brad. I won't own another glass boat.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    You can't have everything.
    But you know I think my next one will be glass. I have both. And like both. But the ride is so much better in the glass boat.
    Now if i fished some of the rivers that others fish I guess a glass boat would be out of the Question.

Now to talk my wife into a new boat. LOL The other 2 are getting old.. The 20ft is a 03 and the 17'7" is a 04 HEHE
    Pete

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Pete marlyn is fixin to beat you about the head and shoulders.:big_smile: :big_smile:

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

That sounds fun:eek:oooh: , HEHE
    Willard you know you like that boat.:tounge_out: Or let me see you like my other boat :cool2:
    Pete

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    There is no doubt I like that boat and I like you other one. That still doesn't change the fact that she is gonna beat yea.:big_smile:

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I lied! LOL! Here is one I always admired down at the docks. There are 2 of em down where I launch. Now I could live with the 16foot angler model. LOL!

http://www.c-dory.com/

9. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice boat except for being fiberglass. Catfish boats are made of aluminum...

10. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
  11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's a nice boat, but I would rather have a big Lund Boat.:big_smile:

12. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I like the glass for the ride.
    My 2072 War-Eagle is a great boat. But not the best ride when the white caps get 2ft + and the ride is what I am after now.
    But I bet I will have to stick with the war-eagle for a long time.
    Pete

14. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Since I dont own a boat and never have what is wrong with Fiberglass? It looks sweet with the width/length and power availability. Are they more inclined to break apart or something?

15. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They are plenty strong and ride better than aluminum. The bigest problem is you can't or you don't want to pull a glass boat on shore. It's to easy to crack the glass or you would start chipping it the first you hit the shore. They are heavy and use more gas.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The ultimate catfishing boat for those big waters or big rivers is this one.
    plenty of rear deck, and for a fella that likes to cook like Pete does, plenty of room for the grill too.
    Pete, a man with your skills has got to bite the bullet.
    I fell in love with the Soiree a couple of years ago. I'm just not in love with the build method of this particular plan.

http://www.by-the-sea.com/archdavisdesign/davis_jiffy22.html

The King Kong of catboats would be the Jack Tar named Miss Rebecca
    Check out the video on her. She aint no slouch with that diesel either.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Danny a Keel Protector takes care of the beaching problems.
    As for being heavy. Shoot that hull (1400 and 2 extra ft). only weights 240 more lbs then my 20ft War-Eagle (1150) and my boat is 2 ft shorter then that one.
    Also now days the glass boats and tin boats weight about the same. And will get about the same MPG. Or the glass may even beat out most of our tin boats on that part. As a pad boat will drag in the water less.
    Also cost on most is about the same anymore also.
    But the tin boat is better when bumping off logs and stumps.

Pete

18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Mark I did like this one better.
    http://www.boatplans-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=PH22 But now that I see that 220 Striper man I like the room in it better.
    Also with a boat like in your link. I would be cooking and fishing. HEHE

Pete

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The PH22 is a big boat. The pictures dont come close to giving you the impression of size.
    It is 22 feet long. Its every bit as big as the Soiree lobster boat.

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I like the traditional look of the lobster boats and the function of them.
    I hope to own one in the coming years. Its a poor man's beach house. but I'm looking at this one.

http://boatplans-online.com/proddetail.php?prod=DE25Cockpit

I could see some fall King Mack tournament fishing out of that one. 8 feet of rear open deck.