Drc3 and Wolfman on the Hiwasee River

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by wolfman, Jul 30, 2006.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I met up with Drc3 at the B&B Marina on the Hiwasee River in Tennessee yesterday (7-29-06). We planned for evening of flathead fishing, got the boat in the water and started out catching bluegills for bait. That came quite easy and didnt take no time at all with about 15 gills in the bait bucket within 30 minutes.

We then headed for Rodgers creek for our first setup. As the sun was getting lower in the sky, Dan got a blue cat about 3 or 4 pounds. We fished there for the next 45 minutes with no hits and decided to find another spot. Our 2nd setup was back in the area where we caught the bluegills next to a small bluff and the water dropped off into a 32 foot hole.

We casted out our live bluegills and not even 10 minutes later I had a 17lb blue cat in the boat. Then Dan landed a nice 20 pound blue a few minutes after that. I was really surprised on how well these blues were feeding on the live gills. After another 15 minutes Dan hooked into another good one. It was a 30 lb blue. Our flathead trip has turned into a blue cat fishing adventure but Dan managed to get one more in the boat from that same spot, and it was small flathead about 2 pounds.

Although, we didnt catch a monster flathead, it was still a very good night of fishing in my book. All fish were caught on live bluegills and we got to thinking , if we had cut skipjacks or shad we might have really torn into them blues. Dan also will be entering his big one for the BOC fishoff, and I had a great time.

Attached Files:

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like you had a great time. those are some great fish.

3. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad you all had a good night of fishing, great pics.
    :cool2:

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Those are some really nice fish you guys caught. It's good to see some other Brothers doing some good.

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great job guys...sounds like a great time. Thanks for the pics.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Walter! Looks like y'all had a fun evening :big_smile: Thanks for sharing the pics.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice catch guys! Thanks for posting the pics!:0a31:

8. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i just cannot find the big fish this year. I am glad to see somebody is.
    Cogratulatons on a good night of fishing.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, glad you two found some fish. 2 of the BOC's finest in action.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Poor Fellas! Dam blues went and messed up a good flathead trip! LOL!

Thanx for sharein the pics and the summary.

11. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Same here, I may start to get jealous.