Drawback for bowfishing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Catfish Jaw, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    how heavy should my Drawback for bowfishing? would 30-40 be good?

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    In my experience, I think so.

3. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I don't personally do a lot of bow fishing but a friend of mine does anyway when i go with him sometimes i use his girlfriends bow and i think it's set at 35-40lbs and does just fine,the only difference i noticed between his bow which is set at 50lbs i think,is with the 35-40lb bow you just aim a lil lower cause the arrow wants to surface a lil faster that the heavier draw weight bow.40 lbs is about perfect IMO easier to draw faster for that last minute fish that just seems to apear out of nowhere.:0a26:

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sounds good to me. Not like your going to be shooting 30-40 yards. Hope this helps.

5. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I went to Sportsmans Warehouse today and found out the drawback weight on my bow is 45lb. I'm gonna get to shoot it up in TN this weekend!

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I think that 45lbs is perfect weight for bowfishing. You draw your bow so much that futiuge is too much with higher poundages. Good luck at your shoot

7. Freeman.360

Freeman.360 Guest

yea that is good but when you can pull back more then you move up

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    They just opened up a store here about a month ago. I like the place alot. Good luck on the shooting, Give a report on how ya did. :cool2:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Even though I never have Bowfished before, I can assure you that 30-40lbs. of draw weight is more than enough to poke a fish. That draw weight has enough Kinectic Energy to kill a Whitetail Deer. With the heavier arrows for fishing, this will give the penetration needed to make a good shot on the fish. Always remember to aim a little low, because the water will deflect the arrow slightly.

Good luck on the BOWFISHING Justin!!:wink::wink:

10. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    30 to 40 is plenty.My wife shoots 30 pounds and has no problems.You just won't be able to shoot fish that are deep.If your bow is 45 pounds you can shoot what ever you want and should have no problems at all!!Good luck and have fun!!