Drastic Decisions!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pip, May 8, 2009.

1. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    After this weeks rains, the waters are way high. The wifes away. The grass is mowed and i'm thinking it might be a good day to just go and hit Bass Pro and Cabela's tomorrow. A mans got to do what a mans gotta do!:smile2: The bad part about this is, I think the last time I did one of these trips, Cabela's was able to build a new store:big_smile: Hopefully this time, I'll be able to walk out and without needing assistance carrying everything.:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

2. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Ya Ya good luck with that Mike:smile2: Did you ever think of letting your wallot home He He.:embarassed:

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Cabelas and a full wallet.Now that,s a DANGEROUS situation!:big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile:

4. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    LOL, yeah, but I figured this is good therapy for will power. If I can walk out without everything in the stores, and have my wallet, I did good!. Just haven't got to that point yet. Still in training!:smile2::smile2:

5. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    The probel I have is that Cabela's is only about 3 minutes away for me. I'm kinda glad that there isn't a Bass Pro near or I'd be in big trouble when the bills rolled in!
    :eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

6. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I'm struggling with what to do myself. I'm gonna go down in the morning and check the condition of the canal at williamsport, if its bad I might head up to cowans gap they have been stocking fingerlins in there the last 10 years, maybe some of them have grown up a bit.

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa

Your in luck, There is a nice Bass Pro in Harrisburg, maybe an hours drive. :wink:. I'd be in the poor house if I only lived 3 miles from a Cabela's.:smile2:

8. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    You could always go to Santee Cooper Pip!:wink::smile2: Probably cost about the same!:smile2:

9. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    CL, If I had your money I could buy a really nice place along the lake down there. þ~~~~~~

10. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    If I had that kind of money I'd already be there!:wink::tounge_out:

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck with your trip and protecting your wallet.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Let us know what you bought Pip! I'm jealous, I want to go fishin' shoppin'! :wink: :cool2:

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Don't worry, there are shopping carts just like grocery stores!

Just make sure you don't put yourself into too much debt.:cool2:

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Well that wasn't too bad. got kicked out of bass pro and Cabela's got my money!LOL! :smile2::smile2:

After looking around for 30 minutes in Bass Pro and grabbing a couple things..... and .... after the third sales person decided to hound me about getting their Bass Pro credit card that they thought I just had to have that accrued pointed rapidly to my benefit, with a 10% discount up to $1500 worth of merchandise.( What a deal!!!) I dropped the basket of stuff on the floor and preceeded to let them have it. Right in the middle of the fishing rods section while trying to check out a couple Gloomis rods.... with plenty of customer viewers. 2 salespeople, a manager, and store security must have felt I wasn't being a very polite person. I'll get over it!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Headed on up to Cabela's and made my way back to the bargain cave and felt like a kid looking at the JC Penny's and Sears Christmas Catalogs of years past. Didn't do too bad. Kept the bill under $300. I think I did good considering last time I went it was pushing $2000. LOL!!!!:smile2: Couple items for the boat, and a couple shirts, and 2 pair of shoes is what it amounted too. Still drowling over the lowrance HDS played with the display for almost 30 minutes. Palms sweating, chills down my spine, but I was able to walk away without any damage. HEHEHE!!!

Stopped at a couple places along the susky to check some ramp posibilities out for a later date. Dang the river didn't look bad up there. Should have went fishing today. But I didn't check out the river levels, thinking they got as much rain as we got here at home and the river would be as bad. big difference for 70 miles.Oh well. Next weekend will have to take the boat.:wink:

15. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    :smile2::smile2: Man I hate when people hound me about that kinda crap. But good job on keeping the bill low. I'm headed out the door to go take a look at the river and see if I can find a place to drop a line or at least find a spot to try later on.

16. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :angry: Dont you just love when they think you need their store credit. If I needed it I wouldnt have been there in the first place.:roll_eyes:

So Pip what did you buy me. New rod, pack of hooks, new reel,ect....:wink::smile2:

17. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    CL, you'll have to wait for Xmas. I think you will look good in lavender bloomers. also got you a rocket rod, to pay you and mike back for the one you sent me. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    That was a pretty good trick. I just wish I was the one that done it!:smile2::smile2::smile2: I might just look good in those bloomers ya never know.:eek:oooh:

19. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Cabelas may as well just do a direct deposit from my account.. :smile2: