drain plug in trouble

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by jonboatintrouble2008, Jun 20, 2008.

1. jonboatintrouble2008

jonboatintrouble2008 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i want to think everyone who has posted on how to fix leaky rivits i have 12' flat bottom jonboat rivits are no longer leaking but now i took the old fiberglass patch somone had rigged up on the drain plug off and exposed about a 3 inch hole under it and a jimmy rigged peace of pvc pipe what can i do do fix this big problem while there is still plenty of fishing left can i put another fiberglass patch over it?if it means ridding the boat of drain plg all together so be it thanks for any help on subject

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    clean it out and fill with clear silicone

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Take it to a shop which does aluminuj welding. They can return it to a "like new" condition.

4. jonboatintrouble2008

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for all the help i found some stuff its a putty that you nead untill it turns gray then you shape it were you need it it will even sit up under water if need be and i filled the 3 inch hole with it inside and out 2 times then i took a 1/8 inch pece alumium and rivited it to the out side with a heavy bead of cilacone and no more leaks i will have name of putty on here soon as i can find empty tube hopefully this might help anyone else who has a holy problem lol

5. jonboatintrouble2008

State:
    north carolina
    the name of the putty i ended up fixing my boat with is called quick steel hopfully this might help some other fisherman