dragoon

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by derail, Mar 23, 2008.

1. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Too much goin on this weekend with Easter an all, but I think I'll go down to the dragoon next week and try a little bank fishin. Anyone been down to it this spring?:004:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I havent been to Pomona yet this year, but after some good rains when Dragoon Creek is running good, you should be able to pull some good cats out of there. :big_smile:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck with your trip hope ya catch a bunch

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I might be up for a road trip from K.C., let me check with the other half.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have not heard of any coming out of it yet. I might have to head down this coming weekend.

6. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    The wait for warm weather will have to wait. I had to try out my Christmas present, a Berkley Big Game rod. The temp was cool, and the winds were breezy. I caught a few of the perch that have been residing in my aquarium all winter, a couple dozen nightcrawlers and I was on a mission. My wife sees what I am up too, makes me promise not to be gone too long, then decides she will go too. Lines have been in the water about half an hour- then, the sight I have been waiting months to see- a rod bouncing in it's holder. I grab it and set the hook- its no monster, but it still put a smile on my face. A channel about 12" had got my nightcrawler, but my 6/0 had got him. Fifteen minutes later, not to be outdone, my wife pulls in one about the same. It was only half an hour or so later that I started to hear complaints about the cool breeze and numb fingers. As we was reeling in my wife brought in some extra line. Jokingly, I told her to hold up- you might have a rod and reel on the other end of that. I began to pull and pull and up from the depths comes a Snoopy rod and reel. Despite the cool weather, lack of trophy fish I can't think of too many ways I would have rather spent this morning.

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like a good time. Welcome to the BOC!

8. leadsinker

leadsinker Member

State:
    Wichita, K
    Welcome to the BOC George....

9. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    That post was the kind of poetry I like to hear!