Drag washers

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by jeffjbeard, Jul 12, 2007.

1. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Where would I get drag washers for a 5000c abu and how do you install them Thanks Jeff

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I just read all that you asked about in the BOC Library.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would say that you won't go far wrong with Smoothie Drag Washers. Just google smooth drag. There are several websites that will provided exploded views of the reels and look the library on this site for excellent information. You can do what I do. Arm yourself with an exploded drawing and a digital camera. Take a picture at every step. Replacing drag washers is not too tough and I will bet that you will learn that you prefer to service your own reels.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd get the smoothie or carbontec. The carbontec are a little newer and from what I've read might be a little better. I've got smoothies in my 7000 and carbontec and smoothie in some 6500s. I can't really see alot of difference in the two. The smoothies and carbontec washers seem to act the same and take the jerkyness out of the drag.

You can get them in kits that have the required number of washer discs you need for your paticular reel. Jerry Foran at Hookless.com has all the different ones. You can get his number from his website, give him a call with your reel model, and he can let you know what exactly you need.