Drag & Bearing's for fishing reels?

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by ShilohRed, Apr 16, 2009.

would you buy these?

1. Yes I would buy these at a good price.

2. No would rather get them local?

3. Not sure I would ever upgrade the drags or bearings

4. Yes I always upgrade my drags and bearings

5. list them and they will buy?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I have been looking into adding Drag replacements for all major Manufactures reels. And lots of Spool Bearings to our website.
    Just wondering if this is something that would sell enough to even handle them?
    Would ever handle Carbon fiber drags for lots of the Abu's. And the metal washer sets also.
    Pete

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Pete,
    Had to go with
    "Not sure I would ever upgrade the drags or bearings "
    But if I did need either of those parts and you had them I would be happy to get them from you...W

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks Winston. I'm like you most of mine will never need to be upgraded. But I have one Abu 7000 that I will update Its one of the red ones .
    Also I need to get a package out to you. I have you some hooks to test out been meaning to get them in the mail.
    Pete

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Pete, How about Power handles? Can you get them?? For the abu 6500's series.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Pete you would have my bizness if you was competative price wize ABU parts would be your best seller but Penn is gona be a big seller too i have both ABU's and PENN's

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shelby I will have to check on those.

Dallas I will do my best to price them where there at or below other's. But will work that out in the next few weeks.
    Pete

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    As for me if i ever need such i had rather buy from you than order from some company that could care less. I appreciate what you do for this site, the same as our other sponsors.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Pete I put that I would buy them, I have 2 Abu 6500 that have the original drags and I bet that replacing them would make them that much better to catch those 2lbrs that I always get LOL. Really tho I would probably buy them, I like Shelby's idea of the power handle also, a one stop shop to get them and support a supporter would be nice.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pete, I wasnt quite sure how to answer the poll, my reels are pretty much loaded. I voted list them and they will buy. Rest assured brother, if I need it and you have it, I will order from you. WRB

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks guys I hope to get them on the site soon. I'm slow on make the stuff show up on the website. But give me time and I can get the HTML stuff worked out. We should have them listed on the site soon.
    Pete

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Pete i need drag washers for a penn 209 have you got any in if so whats the price please

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I will be upgrading some things on my Abu's also. I will be glad to give you my business since I have to mail order the parts no matter what. If it wasn't for mailing costs I would gladly buy everything from you, you being a sponsor is appreciated. I agree, the selling of power handles will get you a lot of business ; )