Dr Pepper and WRBC on OR

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by skippi2use, Sep 30, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    got a chance to take Dr Pepper and WRBC down to tanners on Saturday. Fishing was tough. Current with wind blowing up river was pushing us down river at about 1.6-1.8. We caught 7 fish biggest was 18.4#'s. Most of the rest where 8-12#'s. Stubborn as a goat never dropped the anchor all day. All of the fish that where caught where caught off of the front side of structures. Which caught me off guard. I had expected to catch them off of the back sides as strong as the current was. Just more notes to add to the learning book. Bill and Shane thanks for coming down it was fun. Maybe next time I will make adjustments before the day is over. Water level only fell about a 1/2 foot which I would not think make that much of a difference. However water temp was down 7 degrees from saturday night. currently 70 degrees.

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thanks for letting me know shane! going out in the morning and i was gonna concentrate on the backsides as well! glad you guys at least got out on the water and got to drift even a little. Maybe next time the wind will cooperate and you guys can land some hawgs :big_smile:

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man it was a good time bro,,, thank you. I learned some good stuff from you. You wore me down man, I'll just go ahead and admit it....
    That Ohio is a different animal than the creeks that I've fished all my life.lol
    Man, I'm dying to Flattie fish that sucker.... all you diehard, big river, bluecat guys kill me... when you all mack a flattie, it's by accident!
    I'm looking forward to getting back on that fishing machine with you again- SOON...

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
  5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It is time to sell my trolling motor, and by a 101# thrust 36 volt. I WILL beat the current without dropping a anchor. We will go flat head fishing. My buddy just gave me a new FLATTY SPOT. about an hour ago.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So I need to get back down there asap then!!!

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats 2 trips in a row!!!! I guess I need to get a trash bag, oxegen accedalyne, a garden hose, and a big rubber band. HE WILL NOT BEAT US NEXT TIME! We will have tons of big fish. To bad there wont be a fight to them.

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    guys my fish were luck....i had no intention of catching them. I was seriously reeling in to head in. had it been five minutes later i wouldve been on my way back to the ramp.

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    said they where luck, just got beat again, next time I will use a different much different method.

10. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i call it anchoring! :big_smile: believe it or not its a method still used by many to try and catch fish. and at times can be productive.:big_smile:

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats why IM going to buy a much bigger trolling motor. I will use it to anchor without dropping a anchor. Pulling an anchor 50 times a night is for the birds.

12. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well everything started off good.. Bill picked me up and on the road we begain.. As we drove i could tell Bill was angry.. So I thought " Hey, why not listen to the Gaither Gospel Music channel ". So there we were heading for the Big O and jammin to my favorite songs... Bill looks at me with the face of the devil and SCREAMS!!!! "What the Hell is this!!!" Full of fear and teary eyed I quickly turned off my music and sat in the very back of his Ford Excursion in fetal possision waiting for our arrival to Skippies place..

Well we arrive after about 77 miles and threw our rods in the boat and was on our way to the Mighty Ohio.. We arrived at the ramp and was surprised of the access of the ramp and about a block away is fast food joints and stores....

Well we got on the water quickly and headed for the bait holes.. Shad was plentiful and if you fish the White in our Area you know they are nowhere to be found.. Me and Pepper thought we were in a gold mine!!! We looked like perverts smelling our fingers!!!!!

Well we started drifing and marked tons of fish.. But current and wind became a factor but Skippie was not about to let it get the best of us... After a little adjusting we had a fish on.. Skippie had landed a nice little Blue..Then Bills turn, J/K PSYHC!!!! Bills pole went down and then nothing and instantly it was my turn my turn.. All By myself:)smile2:) with my knowledge and skill I stratigically placed the bait in the most perfect position and caught me a 8 pound blue.. All by myself:smile2:

Then we were showed alot of different structures and holes and was honestly taught alot.. I learned alot.. ( Thanks very much for that Skippie )
    We then began another drift and fish on... skippie was at it again... and then to a few more hole.. and guess what Fish On!!! Cap'in Skippie caught another... Then I caught another... .. We tried a few more holes and could tell Skippie was getting bummed out cause Bill was still waiting for his fish.. And on our last drift it happened.. Bills pole bent double... I mean this was a monster... He fought this fish waht seemed to be forever.. but realizing I had been awake for 36 hours with nothing to eat or drink for 18 hours of it only 1 minute had passed... It was a nice 4 pound channel... But no pic of it.... We finally loaded up found the keys:wink: and headed for Skippies. Man talk about some chatter boxes!!! They talked all the way back about CT Scans and Political sheet..... Oh Look at that deer!! LOL:smile2:

We reached Skippies and loaded up and headed for home.. We discussed all we learned from a cool guy and started to put my Gaither Music back in and it started all over!!!! To the back I went and got home safe as Bill drove away like a mad man I went inside and took a trip to Sleepytown!!!

Skippie it was a fun and very informaitive trip.. I learned alot.. Sorry I was so tired man.. I was fighting it tooth and nail.. I bet i was looking like a Zombie the last 4 hours or so.... Hope we can get another invite soon.. and hopefully my dumb arse sleeps prior to the trip.... Thanks man it was a great trip.. :smile2:

As for Bill!!! How dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink::smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    And now look at you black cloud! about thirty minutes away from jumping into the truck with kyle to come down here and do it all over again! ur gonna die young!

14. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you didnt post the picture of my biggest fish. Couldnt post a picture of a fish with me bigger than yours could you.LOL Glad you had fun, now you can go learn more and a different way to fish than what you learned from me last night. Take care of that hand man. Dont let flooty or Kyle hit that thing again tonight. I saw a black and blue burger that wasnt that black and blue.

15. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane....on your way down here, take everything you learned fro skip and forget about it for the time being......when you leave, take what you learn today and what you learned from skip and combine them (something skip and i cant break down and do cuz we are too proud lol) and you will become a better drift fisherman than both of us INSTANTLY:big_smile:

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana

Attached Files:

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :tounge_out: lol

Attached Files:

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    nice!!

19. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    there is NO WAY THAT fish is 18#s he looks more like an 8# fish.

20. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats all skippie wrc and dp on fishing trip on the ohio yuppers been there caught some nice blues under 275 bridge from indy to kentucky also at the power plant on indy side