Dozen channel catfish caught catfishing at Red Rock Lake!

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catsrking, Sep 18, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A friend and I went out to Red Rock last Sunday & in less than 3 hours had 12 channels & a crappie. Channels ranged in size from 3 - 7 1/2 lbs! Very good day. Will post photos soon.

2. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    where at at red rock i have yet to find i good cat place i ueasly fish the river but help for that lake would be great

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Those are some nice looking fish in your picture. I bet u had fun catching them. Keep it up!!!

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Ross! And yes, the cats in the avatar were fun to catch. Got them fishing from a boat dock in a S. Iowa lake. How much did the fish in your picture weigh?

5. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    At Red Rock, try below the damn or anywhere you know of an inlet stream. Also, if you find shad, you will most likely find the cats. Right now they got their winter food jones on. Night or very early morning bite being best. Hope that helps.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats Tom. Still waiting on pics...:wink::smile2:

7. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    ya we are going below the dam sat night we are runing 10 to 15 diddy poles and rod and realing i hope to have a good night ill let yall know thanks for the info