Dowsing and use in fishing?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dull Hook, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Dull Hook

Dull Hook New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    A few weeks ago, was talking to a fella over coffee. He asked me if I ever used dowsing to find the best place-bait and time to fish? I just looked at him and said..."not yet"!!

He is going to show me and he says...prove it to me. Well....I'm waiting. Has anyone here EVER done this before?
    This should be interesting.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    not sure what it is, Darryl, but it sounds like using a divining rod to find water - and that most certainly works in the right hands

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I seem to remember reading about dowsing rods in a military survival hand book! I believe law enforcement have used the services of those that practice the "art"! I would not completely discount that it could be used for fishing! Sure would like to see it in action! Google it and I am sure you will find tons of info.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had a real close friend that was into dowsing. That boy could count the change in your pocket to the penny with his rods. He measured the length of a fence for me over 100' long and hit it right on.

Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise. --Mary Kay Ash.