downtown wilm fishing 9-12-09

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Jollymon, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Sat afternoon ,me ,Aaron ,an his wife Sara,went fishing on the Cape Fear in downtown Wilm .Sara loves to gamble an we did a pool for the trip 1st fish ,most fish ,an largest fish .it cost me 3 dollars to her before the night was over ,as she won all 3 .
    Sara got a sheephead to start with ,an then some croakers ,ells ,a guestamated 18 -20 lb stingray ,also she an Aaron got the one an only cat fish for the trip 14lb.6oz.
    We got on river sat afternoon just as a ship was leaving for the ocean ,Sara had never seen the Cape Fear memorial bridge open before ,at least from the water view ,she liked that view .
    It seemed as last nite was my night to catch a few eels an wood logs,limbs an even boards ,but it was a very enjoyable night on the river either way . Aaron finally got Sara talked into coming in about 3:30 sunday morning

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Heck i almost forgot to add pics of Sara,s first cat fish :wink::smile2:

As you can see in the pic of the cat in the net ,where is the best place to buy a new [cheap] but good net ,an what is the best one for the money ?:confused2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009

3. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Just a couple more pics i thought you might like .Heck i,m still learning how to upload pics give me a break :wink::smile2:

Attached Files:

4. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    looks like yall did better than us, we went to lock 2 and got nothing. i might need to start headin down towards wilimington to fish, aint but 45min or so from there, just not quiet sure where to put in at, ispoke with kevin and he told me just not to familiar with that area. anyways congrats on the fish

5. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Joe the ramp downtown is at the foot of Castle st on the north side of the bridge ,i,m also trying to learn the area to cat fish in myself

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Decent night Dickie for the way the fish were biting. I only got two and that was in the first 2hrs I was there. Only one lost fish and a couple bites after that....and one MONSTER eel:crazy:

7. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Wes ,Sara sure surprized me that night ,heck Aaron was ready to come in before Sara was. Ithinks she liked getting the sting ray an then the cat about 20 min later :wink::smile2: