Downtown Public Ramp

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by firecat, Mar 28, 2008.

1. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Does anyone know if the downtown public ramp is open or not? I know earlier this year it was closed. I am going out Saturday and don't want to waste time going downtown if the ramp is closed.

Thanks,

Larry

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

What ramp? Where at? I live across the river from Ironton,OH and fish over there a lot. I know that ramp is open but no idea where you're at...LOL!

3. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Sorry Downtown Public ramp Cincinnati.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Larry you can call 513-352-1626 and should be able to find out...I highly doubt it will be open, looks like the river is forecasted to be 38.2 on saturday..Good Luck if you do go though

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No problem. I just figured you'd get more help if we knew what ramp...:smile2:
    My g/f is in Cincy today. Would have went but didn't feel like the 2+ hour drive...:smile2:
    Good Luck and be careful, the river is wild here!

6. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Thanks Matt and John

I will probably go out of New Richmond hopefully with the rain we have had the mud will be washed off the ramp.

Larry

7. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Matt

Do you think you are going to be able to have your tourney next Saturday?

I wish I could make it but the tourney ending hours are not early enough. I

Have a thing at church on Saturday evening and would not be able to make it

back to springfield in time. If it does get canceled are you going to try and

reschedule?

Thanks,

Larry

8. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I am thinking about cancelling it until the 19th of April, hopefully that will be enough time for the river to stabalize at least a little..I am not 100% sure it will be cancelled, but as of right now it isnt looking to good, supposed to rain quite a bit between now and then. But it will definantly be rescheduled if it gets cancelled..If you go to New Richmond, let me know what kind of shape the ramp is in if you would

9. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Yes I will let you know what the ramp looks like. I just looked at the river gauges and it jumped up again overnight I don't know if I will be able to get out or not.

Larry

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I would be curious to know what ramp you hit, I have plans to launch out of new richmond Sunday if its possible of course. Doesnt seem like anyone would have a clue what the river will do. Matt if it does get rescheduled to the 19th I may be able to fish that one which would be nice.....We'll see....please report back if anyone see's the new richmond ramp...:wink:

11. firecat

firecat New Member

State:
    OHIO Go Bucks
    Yeah I pretty sure I am going to stay home after talking with Dad some more. If anyone gets down that way please post what the ramp does look like. I would like to know if I could have gotten out.

Larry

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on your fishing trip I hope you catch a bunch

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Gonna atleast check it out, if it looks dangerous its a no go, and we may head to east fork to see if the flathead bite has started.....:roll_eyes:....we'll see though, I will let ya know.

14. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I stopped down at the public landing ramp in cincy tuesday and it was closed. The water was about 4 parking signs up into the parking lot. I would say it will still be closed.

15. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I went out to look at the ramp at new richmond, the water is up, but the ramp is still usable, but I still decided against it. I just put a new 112hp on the boat, and want to make sure everything checks out as it should before doing anything tricky. We will be heading to East Fork tommorow, if anything I get to run the boat, and maybe catch something, we'll see..:cool2:

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck bro hope the boat does good. Hopefully we'll see a blue out of eastfork.

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No blues, no bites, nothing period! Not even a nibble, but I cant say I am suprised, every time I go there I remember why I dont go there....:eek:oooh:...The lake was flooded like crazy which I did not expect, day started off having to adjust the throttle linkage, and pretty much stayed the same from there, the engine has a couple problems that need worked out, but I am glad we atleast got out today, better than sittin on the couch..

18. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea atleast you got out and the boat did good for you

19. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Just bringing this thread back up so anyone that didn't know that the ramp is open put in there thursday. the water was still up a little bit but not bad at all.