Downtown Knoxville

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ut1trey, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Just curious if anyone has fished the stretch of the TN River that runs through Downtown Knoxville. I have put the boat up for the winter and have been trying to scope out some places to bank fish. It looks like a good deep stretch and I might try it out this Saturday. If anyone knows the good, bad or ugly on this, let me know.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    If they have a lot of rip rap on the banks it would make for some decent cats and crappie. It there are dock cafes along the river you can bet there are some good size cats in there around those pileings.:big_smile:

3. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Yeah...there's a few place to dock boats, a restaurant, and very long sea wall and a couple of huge bridges to fish around. Thanks for the response.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Trey an let us know how it goes.

5. festus

festus New Member

I have a friend who works over around Market Square who says he was walking across either the Henley or Gay Street bridge and spotted a fish down there he thought was at least 7' long. He had binoculars and got a closer look, and still thought it was that big. He doesn't know his fish species very well at all, but I posted this incident on another board and some thought it could have been a sturgeon or paddlefish. I don't think we have alligator gar in there.

6. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I used to fish down by the hostipal and that little river side park down there...I'll post some pictures when I find them...I landed some pretty nice blues when I was down there...I lived across from the stadium it's kinda indurstral but the fishing was good...I can't remember the restraunt's name but I would head a little east from there and fished the concret piles around the boat ramp....

7. festus

festus New Member

It might have been Calhoun's restaurant. I haven't eaten at that one, but like the one near Turkey Creek.

8. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    So why in the world did you leave the great state of Tenn and move to Nebreska, its cold there and it snows!:eek:oooh:

9. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    If it was up to me we would still be there...we are from Nebraska and went down there for school...then school was out so we decided to have a kid...My 1st son was born at UT medical center...That's when the wife started talking about moving back to the small town living here in Nebraska...My sister still lives there and her kids...and we go and visit every now and then...The last straw was we were at a wiegels(spelling) getting gas and the station got held up...that was all it took for the wife to want to head home...I love Tennessee and always will...Hell just last year we were down looking at property in Sweetwater...Yeah but I won't ever miss the traffic on Kingston pike at 5pm that's for sure:smile2:

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I understand wanting live near family, their isn't much more important in life.

11. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    It was a sturgeon they are in the river they can surface from time to time

12. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Thanks for the info on this guys, but I never made downtown to fish on Saturday. A friend/co-worker was moving and a couple of guys that were supposed to help move him, bailed on him and he called me up at the last minute, deperate for help moving. Needless to say, I spent all day Saturday moving furniture. Hopefully, when I do get down there to fish, the Karma gods will take care of me and put me on a big one.

13. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It won't hurt if the water flow slows alittle anyway.