Downtown Indianapolis Catfishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by phatcat333, Apr 27, 2006.

1. phatcat333

phatcat333 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish alot of the Dams in Downtown Indianapolis, I am a catch and release person, Have caught them up to 30 lbs downtown, Flatheads are gonna be hitten soon, if not right now, would like to get out and get some bait, and try the dams soon. I fish the Dam near the Old Indians Baseball field, I have had most of my luck there, escpecially in the spring, I like fishing the IPL dam too, but i don't have a boat to get back there anymore, and affraid to park and walk it anymore, Also the Chrysler dam by the zoo is pretty good too, so i will probably fish the 10th street dam or the chryler dam first this weekend or next. If you are interested in catfishing in the downtown area give me an email, phatcats333@aol.com or you will just see me down at one of the dams this spring. I like to fish during the week, due to the pressure of the weekend fishing people. but most any night is good, as long as the weather is good. and the water is good. biggest flathead 40 lbs, from wagon wheel, i know a pay lake, but took the kids, and we were having fun, biggest flathead from downtown about 30 lbs. biggest channel 20 lbs from a lake just by the river around keystone at the crossing. biggest bass 10 lbs, biggest channel from the river about 9 lbs, I target big flatheads, i use live bait, bluegills, sunfish, goldfish, chubs, and bullheads, if you are interested in fishing, email me, or you might just run into me at one of the dams downtown. Steven Jr.

2. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    welcome to the boc man!

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Steven, I too am an avid urban White River fisherman. I do most of mine from 96th street south to Broadripple. I think I know of the lake your talking about up by Keystone, there's some nice spots around that area. Maybe I'll see ya around sometime. Tight Lines.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome Steven, the BOC had gathering at the dam across from the old baseball field on 4/22 sorry you missed it. There is supposed to be another one on 6/10. I don't know the particulars yet but iam sure that as date nears there will be post about it . good luck ,catch ya later. lenny

5. catfishbeatty81

catfishbeatty81 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All last spring and summer my buddies and me fish over by victory fields that where we catch most of our cats.