downtown catfishing

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by poopdeck [patrick], Jun 24, 2009.

1. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I am thinking about fishing down at the riverfront tomorrow. Where do I put in, where do I park? Is it safe? Where is the best place to fish down there?

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    well there is a ramp right downtown but i think the safe part of leaving your vehicle there is out. Talk to grump and bill about that.

3. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    someone lost their trailer downtown
    best to have you drop off
    good luck

4. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I either put in at MAple ISland or Columbia Bottoms and drive the boat down. Bait has been tough downtown lately so I have been doing that. OR you could put in at Flamm City and motor up.

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have bait and i was going to go in the morning at daylight.

6. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Then put in downtown off the cobblestones. I wouldnt be worried about parking your car there in the daylgiht. Too many tourist.

But the night bite has been way better... just throwin that out htere.

7. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    leave your bait at home , go big head head. thats all im gonna say ,

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Nice knowin ya, Pat.:sad2:

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Really? I did not know you could do that. Is there a particular area on the cobble stones better for boat launching (i.e. current break, more room, better angle...etc)?

I work less than 5 min from the cobblestones and have thought of taking my boat to work sometime for some after work fishing but just never knew where I could launch from. Is it really that bad at night? Seems like a pretty high traffic area, I would have thought it would be safe to leave trailer and truck there over night?

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    :eek:oooh::crazy: Do you want to have to wade through a teeming mass of hoodlums and thugs to get to whats left of your truck when you pull back in at 4 am?????

I sure don't!

Course, I have never been there but Rat and Grumper's trucks both got broken into on the same night out. That did it for me.:eek:oooh:

11. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I bet the teeming mass of hoodlums and thugs thinned out pretty good after Rat got back to the landing......:angry::angry: I know I would have got the heck out of dodge...see ya wouldn't want to be ya...:wink::wink:

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Umm....yeah, Ryan, Grump and I were all victims of St Louis's finest last year. When we got back to the ramp, Ryan and Grump's windows were busted out, mine they just forced down and really F'd up the in-ards of the door. Grumps truck was running and they cleaned us out!

After speaking to the Police when they got there, they stated that kind of stuff happens ALL the time down there, even during the DAYLIGHT hours! Doesn't matter to a heroin addicted junky what time of day it is.....if they need a fix they'll do whatever it takes to get the smack! :angry::angry:

I don't go down there anymore....you can get me once, but I'll be damned if you get me twice!

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh yeah, just so you guys know too.....Columbia Bottoms has been getting hit hard here lately too, but mostly during the daylight hours! A Missouri Water Patrol truck was broken into and they took some VERY VERY VALUABLE items from that truck! ALL DURING THE DAY!! So leave valuables at home!

14. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I worked down on Page Street back around 2000 on a fiber optic cable installation job. We had only been down there for a few day when a St Louis PD officer stopped to see what was going on. He asked us if we had a gun with us and we responded no he stated that we needed to have one and then left. My neck hurt for the rest of that job.

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    YUP!

16. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Poopdeck
    You might want to go fishing before tomorrow morning. Rat is taking me out this evening and all the fish will have sore mouths by the time you get out.:wink:

17. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    A buddy of mine was in downtown last week, and his car got broken into. They cut a hole in his door, the stole the kel-Tek .380 he had in his console. You won't ever see me parking up there again.:wink:

18. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Hey Poopy you still want to go downtown. You can take your attack dog with you:wink:

19. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I hope so! :confused2: I have heard reports that bait is a bit tough to get! :sad2:

20. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh and another thing.....I'm NOT bringing a camera.....everytime I have a camera on board I never catch anything worth a dang!