Down to one week before my extended catfishing trip to OKC

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by SkipEye, Sep 30, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Man I hate to keep pestering you fine folks in Oklahoma but not seeing much info on my past requests.

Oklahoma boards aren't near as busy as Missouri.

Thanks to those that did help out.

See you all soon, hope to fish with a few of you.

Phil and Albert, I think we already have plans right, not specific yet but plans.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Darryl,

They like it! :smile2:

Be careful, or you will be converted into the Oklahoma collective :cool2:

3. SFG

SFG New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Darryl,

The fall weather should arrive in Oklahoma this weekend which should cause an improvement in the catfish activity. The fall and winter months are the best time to catch large blues and stripers on Texoma which is a couple of hours south of OKC. Also, the Central Oklahoma ACATS chapter is hosting a tournament on Thunderbird ( 10 miles east of Norman ) on October 27. You can find the details under the chapter link or send me a pm and I'll fill you in.

Bring some of that "Show Me" to Oklahoma. All of my fishing buddies (cronies) will testify that I need all the help I can get.

Bob

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Darryl, i am having a yard sale this weekend to make room for your boat:big_smile:

we'll get on some cats somehow!

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    WHAT? Man, don't go selling stuff off to make room for my boat! I can work something out or we can nudge it in somewhere.:crazy: Might just need a short term to get something worked out closer to OKC. Heck, I will be staying in NW OKC so I will probably be 40 minutes away, that makes it hard to sneak in an after school trip.

Just find out where we can go chase some BIG CATS. Blues or Flats, I don't care. I'd sure like to hit Texoma also if you are up for a camping trip one of the weekends.

I'll be seeing you on Tuesday Phil and thanks again.

Hope you are joking about the yard sale. At least the reason for it. Don't worry if it is a mess, I haven't been able to park a car in my garage for years.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    no joke:big_smile: the wife and i have been planning it for a couple of months now......we'll look at dates in a couple of days. the wife is going to CA for a weekend while you're here, so we should be able to go to texoma or eufala for the weekend....i have no idea where to find big blues and flats tho.....some of you guys chime in here!

Albert...how and where do we find those big dudes????

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Phil! You suprise me!

All the big blues are here in my back yard! I been checking on them and pettin them sometimes... :smile2:

Y'all come when you can and I'll be happy to show you where they hide. Just can't beat that Arkansas River for the catfish!

8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Theres gotta be some big catfish around OKC with all those lakes. Surely there is. I'm a little spoiled with the Mississippi River in my back yard. Don't have a clue how to fish those lakes.

Get to work Phil. LOL:wink:

Maybe we need to pay Albert a visit.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    For big blues or flats, I'd recommend just about anyplace that is not in Oklahoma. LOL

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Gee thanks Lawrence!:eek:oooh: Woo Hoo, I'm excited now!LOL:wink:

Oh well, we'll have fun anyway, even if you guys want to keep all the secrets to yourself.

See Ya'll soon!

11. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    There's plenty decent catfish in the local OKC lakes but the big fish are mainly in the NE portion of the State. Your two best rivers for a big blue will be the Arkansas and Verdigris River. Grand, Keystone, Oolagah, Texoma , Hudson, Ft. Gibson our biggest lakes is where the big blues do the best. The half dozen or so local OKC lakes are fairly small. There's always a chance of a decent flathead but Arcadia is only real blue lake that's local to the OKC area. I'd plan weekends down on Texoma, and out east to the Arkansas/Navagation Channel for a chance at a big blue. North of OKC is Sooner and farther north Kaw. Great Blue Cat fishing up in the Northeast and big flatheads in the Verdigris River Basin and Grand(Neosho) River Basin....but a little farther of a drive.

12. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
  13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Daryll, if you and Phil or Albert are up to a little tournament fishing the OKC ACATS chapter and the local Pole Bender clan are in the works of combining together on October 20th on Kerr Lake. Tournament hours will be 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Should be some good cats caught in this one. there was a 48 caught in last weekends tournament. It falls the last weekend of our muzzle loader season so i haven't decided if i'm going to fish it or not. This is just down river from where Albert has been fishing.

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Not sure Johnny, I don't (or haven't) fished tournaments. I just like to fish against the fish. I can get my butt kicked royally easy enough that way. LMAO

Don't need to pony up tourney money and fish against 'real' fishermen just to lose my shirt.:smile2:

Besides I'm a sore loser!:angry: Ha Ha! Just kidding! In fact I laugh at myself more than other folks do. I think???:confused2:

15. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Darryl, well i've decided to fish. Me and Big Sam are going to partner up for this one so you know there will be some disasters and etertainment to look forward to:smile2:. We'll be in the slime mobile, my 24 ft. toon so maybe we will stay afloat anyway,maybe:eek:oooh:. I'd say $60 a team ( including big fish ) would be some cheap entertainment:smile2:, So grab ole Phil in Shawnee and come on down and see the show:smile2:.

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey is that the Robert Kerr reservoir or whatever in Albert's neck of the woods?

You know on second thought maybe I will get with Phil and see if he's interesred. Thats only a couple hours away. And heck, if you and Big Sam are fishing too we won't have to feel so bad about our inevitable misadventures. LOL

No clue how to fish it and no chance of winning but $60.00 is cheap entertainment.

What do you say Phil?

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    I'm all about it Darryl!
    not sure how wise it is of you to pick a cripple for a partner tho:wink:

where can i find the rules?

18. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Phil, Go to the opening page and look under Partners in Catfishing then open the Polebender's Catfish Club thread the rules are posted there.

19. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Alright Phil, do your homework buddy. Someone has to get last place right? We are in the running for something!