Down Scan Screen Shots

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by tbull, Jan 16, 2010.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just a couple pics for some to see, I hadn't seen any down scan images other than simulations before today. Both have side by side with Side Imaging. One is a school of smaller fish that had some larger fish following underneath, we set up on them but to no avail. Another is what looks like a pile of something, may be timber, hard to tell. Another shot is just a down scan shot I took by accident while trying to figure out how to take screen shots lol...You can see some structure and a couple fish hovering above. Pretty neat stuff, once I get more familiar with the unit I will be able to post some better shots. FYI this came from a Humminbird 997.

Attached Files:

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    One more....BTW if you cant tell from my earlier post I figured it out..

Attached Files:

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yea Man its really cool for sure, I cant wait to get the time to really learn the in's and out's of this stuff..

4. I'm jealous, lmao. Look forward to more pics and info dude.

5. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    A buddy of mine has the HB, I messed with it this summer. The imaging is a great tool. I see Lowrance has come out with there Scan module. Still trying to Get over the purchase last summer of the HD before I spend another 600.00. I think the two are equal, both are excellent electronics. Thanks for sharing Travis.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    What's the return that extends upward from 30 feet? Is that where you turned around? This imaging stuff is really cool. I never even knew it existed until last week. Thanks for sharing

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Marc didn't know about the imaging? Lord the fish are in trouble now! I bet Tricia's got it and didn't tell!

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    LOL! It's crazy I know. I have always been content with the unit I have and never really looked at any others. This stuff is freakin' sweet though! I might have to talk to Tricia about our tax return :Money:

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yes it's just prop wash, i am sure I will be able to get some better images once I actually figure out how to work this thing...lol....Its still hard for me to give HB a try, I love Lowrance products, but there customer service really sucks and it looks like its just going to get worse, which is very unfortunate..

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    very cool pics bro, i just registered that 797 unit and will be gettin the "down image" upgrade once i get the SD card

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats cool man, I am glad you ended up with the bird...Hope it puts ya on some big ol kitty cats this season!

12. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Tbull! I have been going back and forth on wether to get the HDS-10 or the 1197cSI. I decided to go the HB route since I don't want to wait on the side scan or down imaging on the Lowrance, plus not to mention Low's customer service..... Your posts are making me feel better about the HB's. I get the 1197 mounted and ready to go this week.