Down East Salty S-10 Rod Holder?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by james, Jan 1, 2006.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Anyone useing these be good for fishing the barge and spillway here i like how you can change the way it mounts to what you need BPS has them,
    not sure where else they can be found

Here is picture of it, anyone using it would be good to know how it works for you, they look good, may try them myself

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Looks awesome! :)

3. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    James, I have a few down the side rails of my boat except they are direct mounted instead of clamped. They work pretty good except for not large enough to grasp the handles of my larger catfish poles. They will grasp the shaft above the handle. Just a quick pull straight up to release.

4. BILL SCHWEYER

BILL SCHWEYER New Member

There are about 4 or 5 of down-east mount and holders I have 12 mounted on boat D-11 The salty ones I believe have a larger clamp for rods.
    WWW.down-east.com is there web and phone # is 1-800-553-7323. View and read there selection for your needs. As far as I am concerned they are the only one for boats. Just grab your pole with both hands and set hook. In setting hook you have pulled rod straight up thus opening the clamp and freeing rod. One simple operation. Good fishing to you always. :)

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    thanks.... :0a31:

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have used them exclusively ever since I saw them on a Santee Guides boat.They do make one now for bigger rod handles which is one improvement I suggested to them.They also added a much bigger pin on the bottom after I managed to bend a couple.I sent them one to look at and they asked me for all mine back (13) and replaced them all free with the improved model.They work very well with just a straight up lift.I had some trouble with the other kind that you see most often because fish over 40 lbs made it very difficult to get the rod out of those.The company (Down East) has excellent customer service and will listen to any reasonable suggestion to improve their product.I clean mine twice a year and lub them also and havehad no problems at all.I use the kind that clamp on a standard rail not the clamp on kind.