Down east rivers in NC

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Kerrlakecatmaster, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Kerrlakecatmaster

Kerrlakecatmaster New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    somebody got to have some fishing info down there, if not, some sand bagging goinng' on !

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok, I havent been in a while around here. I mostly fish the Meherrin River and Roanoke River and the Stripers and Shad should be in there anytime soon if there not already there!

Zakk:)

3. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    I have not been there in about 8 years and i cant remember exact directions. But around goldsboro you can go to seven springs. It has some pretty good fishing.

4. HHinNC

HHinNC Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's been a lot of years ago, but I remember seeing right many fair sized cats that came out of the Chowan. Then the river ran into trouble as I recall. I don't know what's going on down that way now.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes I fished the Chowan before the Hurrican a couple year's ago poisened it and screwed up the fish pretty bad.:sad: Caught a lot of 8-10lb Channel Cat's at night off the bank. They would swim threw in schools. You could sit there all night and not get a bite until all the sudden....Bam they would start hitting like frieght trains.....then last Spring a guy caught a 38lb Blue Cat but there's not many Blue's in there.....seem's like they just got thick in there since the hurricane for some reason. I fish the Meherrin which is a tributarie river for the Chowan, and last Spring I also caught a 11lb Blue cat.....maybe there trying to take over or something.:confused:

They restocked millions of finger length LGM Bass since the hurricane, they are starting to make a comeback, and they will if these morons stop keeping like the 18 and below inchers. I know a lot of people up here might say "Well why should we care about bass?" and the simple answer is that all fish have their own little purpose and stuff and one going extinct somewhere that they once strived in would probably cause an unbalanced enviorement in the river. And I personally respect Bass, although a lot of bass fisherman make me mad but that's not the fishes fault.

Zakk:)