Down and Out

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by John(Bullhead)Hagen, Aug 25, 2007.

1. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :angry: My fishing buddy and i have just finished our 19 days in a row at the factory and now we cant go fishing.Knew it was going to be bad when the creek we get our bait from was rolling bank full with small trees floating down it.Even though the wifes thought we were crasy we took off last night for the river at Chillicothe and after getting there didnt even launch the boat trees floating by and huge amounts of garbage,river raised a foot while we watched it.So today i am mopeing around like a kid all ready to go and no place to be.Have a great Weekend guys and watch that river and creeks because i think the could get for the next few days.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You guys used your heads. It better to be safe than sorry. There is another day. Enjoy it.:big_smile:

3. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be a lot less of them Horror stories about friends loosin friends and Fathers and Sons going out and Not making it back if others followed your example.

Sounds like it might be time for a road trip ..

Lets Post em up a few "Safe places" in your neck of the woods fellas.

Sangcrist is wide open . Springfield requires a permit (not alot.)

Sorry about ya losing your weekend.

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Can always hit the bank... Days when I don't wanna deal with all the drunken boat traffic on Lake Springfield, I have a pretty nice, out of the way place just throw the poles in the back of the truck and pull up to a nice piece of water to chase some channels...

During all the heat harsh heat we been having, the wife and little ones would just wanna get out of the house.. Quick stop at DQ for some treats, and then we go for a "ride", which is basically me driving around looking for fishing spots hehe.. You can find some nice ones scouting around...

5. gillage

gillage New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there John.
    It's only going to get better. I've been there. All set to go and couldn't. OUCH

6. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2: Well guys Saturday was the first time out for the Ole Bullhead since all this water.Between it and our work load this was it.Started out at Chillicothe at 5:30 AM,going slow and moving up river.This river i swear is taking forever to come down.Son in Law wanted to go and we were going no mater weather we caught some or not.Went up about a mile or two were the party people have the big sand bar,creek on one side river on the other.The sand bar had 10 feet of water over it so we anchored right on top,18 feet on river side 12 to 14 on creek side.Guys you wont believe it within fifteen minutes we were pulling them in,now not the big ones like we get in our scour holes but nice 2 to 5 pound fish as fast as we could get them in and back out.We were using creek chubs and little bullheads.Things came up slower as the sun came up but we stayed till 11:00 and picked up a few more.Had a great time and drank a few cold ones and really enjoyed the day,finished up with half a five gallon bucket of fillets so a good day had by all.