Down and Out in MS

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by punkin570, Dec 14, 2007.

1. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Well folks, I'm sure a few of you may have noticed I haven't been posting as much as I normally have, nor have I been in chat as much either. Well, I reckon I'm at a point that I can shed some light on whats been goin on to prevent me from it. Two weeks ago my husband (Hershell aka Redticrunner) passed out at a friends house and was taken by ambulance to the hospital. After nearly a week's stay and numerous tests and monitors hooked up to him they decided he wasn't having heart problems as we might have feared but attributed it mostly to high bp, high stress level, possibility of a pinched nerve, and getting up too fast. So, he was released from the hospital with a referral to the family doc to have MRI scheduled. Well, because she was having troubles gettin approval from insurance company to get the MRI, she released him to go back to work on Thursday with a warning to take things easy til his MRI appt that she finally got for the 11th. On Friday I received a phone call at school saying he hurt his back at work and is being sent to the doc. He has been off for 3 weeks now. Between my finals this week and his tests and doc visits and keeping up with normal daily routines, I am wiped out. As tired as I am, I truly feel for him because I can see where it is taking such a mental toll on him because he is such an active person and he cant go and do as normal. We got the results back from the MRI. He has digenerative disc disease in the C5 & C6 vertabre, there is protrusion there but its not enough to put things in a terrible bind. He is being referred to a neurosurgeon in Memphis, Tn on Jan 2nd but they are tryin to get the appt moved up. As of right now, he is being told he can go back to work but has to have restricted duties until the neurosurgeons visit. Now, I'm not one to post much asking for prayers, but I do believe in the power of it. I would like to ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers until we get this thing figured out and hopefully find a fix that can get him back out doin is normal thing which is huntin and fishin. The doc even made a point to tell him not to bother with pickin up a gun and goin to the woods....I really thought he was gonna tune up and cry. Thanks for all yalls efforts.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Prayers sent from VA.
    Some may think it would be great but it is very depressing to not be able to do your daily thing. No to mention the physical pain he is in. It is a lot for a person to deal with and prayers the best place to start the healing process.

God Bless,
    David

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    thoughts and prayers from me to your family .

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    leslie, That would be the answer "Why" he passed out. I have the same thing. And that does put a person into depression. I miss being able to work and play around with the kids. Foot Ball use to be a blast. Now i sit and watch. Don't get me wrong, watching has it laughs and moments of "Oh know , watch the foot ball". I pray that everything gets better for Hershell, you and the kids. keep us updated. Give him a hug from us all and tell him to take it easy. ~~~~~~~~~~~~Trisha

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    He may be down for awhile but I bet he won't be out of comission for very long stretch of time.You all will be in my thoughts and prayers .Heres hoping he'll be back out in the woods real soon and that he'll be chasing you around soon:eek:oooh::roll_eyes: Take care of him and keep us updated as to how he is doing.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    were thinking of you

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thoughts and prayers on the way.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Leslie thoughts and Prayers sent from So. Illinois. God still hears and answers Prayers. God promises to supply all our needs.

9. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    I will be praying for you.

10. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Leslie you need to tell Hershell to stay away from Memphis.I had been seeing a neurosurgeon in Memphis for over 22 years when 2 disk went out in my neck in 2003.That bunch up there were so busy trying to make as much money as they could off my insurance that 3 months pasted and I lost the use of my right hand and my ableity to walk.I begged them for help and got none.I went looking for a doctor for help and found one of the best on the world in Tupelo.If you want I will get you his name and number.

11. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bless his heart Punkin, we are so sorry that all this happened and right here at Christmas. Give him a big ole hug from Maw and me and tell him we are praying for all of you.

12. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Punkin,

I know how you must feel, wanting to be able to fix the one that you love but only being able to stay there for their comfort. Its like watching a small child that is sick and you can't do anything to help, you just want to take their hurt and transfer it to your body just so they won't have to hurt, but like you said the power of prayer can and will work miracles and you have got all of the BOC and me praying for you and Hershell. I know that things will turn out good for you both with all that prayer headed your way.

don3778

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Leslie,
    You and yours are in my prayers and thoughts right now. I pray that God will grant you all the strength and faith to endure this set of tests He has presented to you. I know its easy for me to say from where I am sitting, but just pray for an increasing amount of faith and may He give it to you!

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    les i have been down a while my self so i know how you feel.please give us a heads up on how hershal is doing.i luv you guys.

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Prayers sent from Illinois.

16. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Leslie,
    I will be praying That they can get Hershell back to fishing and hunting and on the road to recovery,and Soon. because I know what that depression can do to the old body. you and Jim,s post kind of scares me, as my doctor has me set up to see a neurosurgeon on the 7 of Jan, Just for consultation. I have had pain in my neck and upper back for several years at night and just thought it was part of getting older so I never said anything about it, But now it has got so bad I cant sleep at night, and I have burning, non stop pains in my neck and shoulders and a burning spot in my right Leg just about knee the size of a base ball. Punkin, Tell Hershell that I will be praying for the both of us.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Praying for your family,hope things will begin looking up for ya soon.

18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Prayers from us to both of you.
    pete

19. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
    Sharon

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    My prayers are with you, I hope that he can go hunting soon. I know how much that not being able to go hunting can wreak your spirit