DOVES!

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by massa_jorge, Aug 6, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well, the kickoff for hunting season is right around the corner. for us here it means wearing out the collared doves so we can start mourning and whitewing off like pros! (by that i mean we will amass enough crap we don't need by opening day by starting on the nongame now.) i was just curious how everyone gets ready for it, like dog training, clays, etc. i had to put my bird dog down so this year will be a little different, but i am going to give it my all anyway. good luck to everybody.

2. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    We used to go out and shoot black birds and clays to prepared but it never seem to help much. Those dang birds are hard to hit.:smile2:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Usually take four boxes of shells the first outing,blast like a crazy man,then after that I start settling down and shooting half decent. :smile2:

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well that was a blast. me, a buddy and my oldest daughter went out and killed a bunch of p dogs, rabbits, and collareds. let a lot of the collareds fly by, because they were flying with the mourning doves and i don't want to get in deep crap! we ended up with 16 collareds and 2 pigeons. (see the other thread about the pigeons.) i only went through 30 shells, not bad for the first time shooting birds since february. we grilled ribs and dove wraps for dinner. my daughter dropped a bowl of ribs so there wasn't much in the way of ribs. we sure filled up on the dove though! saw loads of mournings, i can't wait till sep 1st! in this pic you can see the 20 gauge i cleaned up. i think it looks great. it handles just like my 12 ga 870, no birds were safe! ready for the real deal now!

Attached Files: