Dover

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So I was Fishing some of my holes in dover yesterday. After the sun went down. There started to be a lot of action on the surface. I mean a lot . So I rigged up my spot light, and when I hit the water it was nothing but shad all around my boat I have seen big balls of them down at the dams before but nothing like this. And what was feeding on them but 10 to 20 lb blues all over on the surface. I tried fishing a few feet under my boat but couldn't get a hit. On my way out it was like I was driving thru 45% shad and 55% water for about a half mile as far as I could shine my light. Maybe this is normal anyone seen this before.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    okay, so everyone must see this every time they go out or was is it not worth a coment. Who knows, I don't.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I havent seen that many before at one time. I have seen shad wads around the boat at night. BIG gar attacking them!.......I moved to another hole:lol:

4. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    i'd say i have never seen anything like that before .
    i been out at night and had car foglights on a pole to light up the boat to see while catting and had lots of bait fish come up but never seen it like you talk about you seen.. that would have triped me out.....

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I haver never seen anything like that but have seen some big, 50 foot, bait balls.

6. 2hawks

2hawks New Member

State:
    missouri
    I havent ever seen enything like that before but sounds cool.

7. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I saw several skipjacks working surface when I was night-fishing for a sauger a couple of weeks ago below Nickajack dam. But it was just sporadic individual fish hitting top. I've never seen masses like you mention.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Chris,
    Were the cats swimming around with their heads out of the water taunting you? Have you met a guy lately who goes by the name of Rodpod? Did he give you some mushrooms? Brent, that is no way to treat a BOC brother:wink: :wink: :wink: ...W