dove season is near

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by 223reload, Aug 3, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dove season is just around the corner guys. as a treat ,I am going to be posting some recipes for dove in the DINER area. Yall add your own if ya like ,nothin better than fresh wild gamebird after a long hot summer.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nothing like gamebird. Thats good stuff.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We used to really look forward to the opening day of dove season in this area growing up. Its got now that the few places left open for dove hunting are so crowded with town idiots that will shoot in your direction peppering you with pellets that it's to dangerous to even go. I now wait for opening morning of squirrell season to start hunting. Sure miss eating those doves.

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    mann i can't wait too bust some Doves . a few small game seasons open up on sept 1'rst Doves the main 1 for me bsides that King of Spring will be chaseing these birds around as well . can't wait til the opener !!!

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    richard you dont know how to cook:eek:oooh::wink::smile2::tounge_out::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::wink::wink::cool2:

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I can't wait. Dove around here is the opening of the hunting season. After dove starts its all up hill and LET THE GAMES BEGIN:smile2:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    13 days and counting,The birds are still around even after the severe rains we've had this past week.

8. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    mann i was at my fathernlaws yesterday holyyyyy smokes them Doves were flying everywhere . thanx's for rubb'n it in Buddie ( LOL ) wasn't think'n about Doves till i seen your post ..:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is good to hear! Sounds like it is time to get some 7 1/2 shot and a couple bottles of water and do a dove shoot:big_smile:

10. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yea thats what i'm talk'n about , the 12 yr old is driveing me crazy :crazy::crazy::crazy: . he want Decoys , the spinning bucket , heck why not even a new scatter gun . so i'm gonna move him up too 12 G this yr but he's gonna borrow 1 from fathernlaw for now shooot he hasn't even broke in the 410 i got him 2 yr's ago .

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wal mart had decoys for 2.00 each the other day ,I got a dozen,to replace the ones I used to have that were stolen,I'm thinkin of making one into a mojo type wind wing.

12. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    On the dove field ..." Dale ! Dale ! Over yer head ! Dale! "...I know, you had to be there...Lots of fun and fond memories from the annual shoot... It's always good to see old and new friends with guns in their hands...And then the bacon wrapped hickory smoked breasts...WOOOO I can't wait !!!!

13. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    yep those are the 1's . i've been wanting too tr that 2 i don't think it will be all that hard .

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I always thought that decoys for doves were a joke. Until I started using them. Those spinning wing dekes get the doves going crazy:big_smile:

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I can't wait:big_smile: Just thinking about cold beer and grilling dove breasts with bacon is getting my mouth watering

16. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    ok miller , that's enough of that :dribble::dribble::dribble:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Counting down,Eight loong days.

I just got this years small game proclamation,Eurasion collared doves are now in season Sept 1-Dec 31 with no bag limit.here in New Mexico

18. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am ready for this season to start. The wait is becoming unbearable

19. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    mannnn buddie you and Mi11er are kill'n me . the E-collard here ends with the first season then opens back up Dec 1 too feb 28 09 .

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Demetrius,last year ours was concurrent with reg season,I think they're getting the message that the eurasion dove are like barnyard pidgeons.