Dove hunting

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by CHAVEZ CHAVEZ, Oct 7, 2007.

1. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    well i took my middle boy out today for some scatter gun action , we were hunting for dove . went to a spot we always hunt for pheasants so were sitt'n there with some doves comeing here and there i wa letting take most of the shots this was only the second time for him to hunt dove . so then we moved across the field where the birds kept landing in a ol'cottonwood and it was on birds comeing from all directions . i don't know what was wrong with me but i only got 4 and lost 2 my boy got 2 . it was a lil chilly and windy but we made the best of it . heres acouple pic for y'all .

2. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Man, I miss the bird hunting out west!!

My father was military and when he was stationed at Ft. Huachuca we had some awesome times dove & quail hunting!! And the javelina hunting was some of the most intense stuff ever...

Nice birds Chavez... Great job on getting the next generation of hunters hooked... :big_smile:

3. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

Good job my friend, heard a good recipe for those lil dudes.
    jalapenos sliced in half take out the seeds put in a little cream cheese in half of jalapeno one dove breast wrap with bacon and cook on the grill sounds like a winner to me but the retarted state of michigan will not allow me to hunt doves because we have to many damd old bird watchers in this state so ive personally not been able to try it yet, they had a experimental season in 2004 but we voted on it and it did not pass....i really enjoyed that one season but especially at dinner time there hard to beat....

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    prowler thanxs bro did ya see that crow ! i sent my son to a patch of trees because thats were the doves were going constantly so i just sat back taken a shot here and there . well i was sitt'n there the crows came and they could see me but not my son so he just waited and bang !!! i seen this big blk bird fall from the sky i started LMAO !!! i thought it was the rancher across the RD that shot .

mickey thanxs budd , ya thats apretty good recipe i use it for trout minuce the pepper .i got to the end of the month for doves but it starts back up DEC1'st to FEB 28'th eurasian collar only first yr for that one . ya i feel for ya i see that comercial all the time about your state but don't worry me and my boys will nock some down for ya !!!!

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey demetrius do yall have any mourning doves left up there??? i was wondering if i can expect any more to come through. we are shooting the collareds right now too, but it's about time to start backing off them as their first eggs hatch in jan-mar. the jalapeno recipe is awesome, put some cream cheese in the pepper and even folks that can't handle the heat will enjoy them!
    good for you for taking a youngster hunting, and keeping the crow population down too!

6. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    mouning doves galore , e-collard and whitewinged are getting plentyful hers a new season this yr for e-collard as for them pesty crows i always look forward to popp'n afew of them . yeah my sn really enjoyed it i can't wait to take him for pheassant and qauil .