Dougless dam in TN any help or info.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by vacatfish, Apr 18, 2008.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Might be going to dougless dam in TN in may thank you to any who can give and info or tips on areas around it to fish i fish mainly for trophy channel catfish.

2. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think it is very difficult to catfish. If they are running current it is hard to fish, and bottom fishing to me is out due to rocks. You can catch bait easy below the dam, and I would fish a three way rig in the boils with cut bait for cats, There are also stripers below the dam that are fun to fish for. There used to b a small bait shop below the dam at the campground that had lots of pic's of fish people had caught.

3. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Yea thats true i know how to fish for them just needed to know the best areas to hit.

I always fish atleast one foot on the bottom thanks for the tips and info how offten do you get to Tn to fish.

4. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish all the East TN lakes/rivers on a regular basis.

5. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Thanks for the help. in that case sounds like chrokee lake would be my best bet what you know about it

6. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was at Douglas Dam on Tues and it was VERY low. I could see rocks all over the place even when the water was on. People fishing and not much was being caught.

7. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Thanks for the info thats really helpful. do you know anything about chrokee lake hows the fishing going there.

8. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    Thinghave been low for me on Cherokee so far this year:angry: