Douglas Lake (HELP!!!!)

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jigghead1, Mar 29, 2008.

1. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Im from North Carolina, I got me a time share in Piegon Forge. I was looking at my map at Douglas lake. I wonder how is the lake at the dam? I going to bring my family fishing there. Is there any good bait shop around there? I wonder is there big catfish there. Is there a better lake or river close by, please let me Know. THANK YOU:confused2:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Les , I was down there last summer, and the outlet of that reservoir has some monster stripers down there. I didnt see any blues or flats, but they turned the water off when we were there, and we could see a bunch of huge stripers down there trying to get back to the deeper water. There is a bait shop down the road from the dam, I cant remember how to get there , but Im sure if you ask someone at the marina or around the reservoir , they can tell you how to get there. If I was you , id go to Walmart a buy a throw net, get some shad or skipjacks, and hook them up live , or just use big cut pieces. Id love to get back down there, but I was just visiting my sister in Kentucky, and we went down to Dollywood for the day. Ill attach a couple of pics from the outlet. Good luck. Let us know how you do down there. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It should have a great catfishing due to the fertile water that it holds. The problem is that it is the hardest commercially fished lake in East TN. The best bet is to fish the major creeks for channel cats, or way upriver for chanel cats. I have caught lots of channels, but you will be disappointed if you are looking for trophy blues and flatheads. Gill nets are allowed on the lake and have wiped out the blue cat population. If I was after trophy cats in East TN I would stick with Cherokee, Loudon, or Tellico Lakes. All three have trophy sized cats, and a bait population that is available where you can cach your own. If you want to still try Douglas fish for crappie, bass, or bream.

4. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Thanks alot for the info, Im going to look up the other lakes. Its said about how the commercially take most of the fish. I live in Wilmington nc its good fishing around her. Been here for about 5 month now, but i been here alot in the past, nice big things in the water.

5. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Carhunter thanks for the 411. Stripers is good fishing. If no cats I move on to other fish. Thanks for the pictures. Im going to check out Bass Pro, and spend more money, like a kid in a candy store.:smile2:

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC hope ya catch a bunch