The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the site. Don't worry, I plan to interact and communicate. I've been reading for awhile and it seems that people on here are very helpful. I fish a lot around East Tennessee, and catch cats from the Holston, Nolichucky and French Broad rivers no problem. Reservoirs give me fits. Who around here fishes these areas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Many years ago, 1980s, I fished Cherokee Lake for striped bass and hybrids. In the mid to late 1970s we fished Douglas Lake for crappie. Couldn't tell you anything about the catfishing on these two lakes. A few years ago, probably 2009 to 2012 we stopped in and fished the Douglas Dam tailwaters and caught a few skipjack and yellow and white bass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many years ago, 1980s, I fished Cherokee Lake for striped bass and hybrids. In the mid to late 1970s we fished Douglas Lake for crappie. Couldn't tell you anything about the catfishing on these two lakes. A few years ago, probably 2009 to 2012 we stopped in and fished the Douglas Dam tailwaters and caught a few skipjack and yellow and white bass.
Yes I live only a mile or so from the dam, and I keep a pole and an ice chest in the truck in case the Skips are there.

·
Registered
Dave from ohio
564 Posts
I can catch flatheads in the spring out of norris or cherokee, but come summer and fall, I struggle mightily.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You would do better fishing Watts Bar or Fort Loudon on down next to Knoxville. The blue cats seem to hang on ledges at the creek mouths also look for shallow flats next to deep bends in the old river bed. They seem to like to come up onto them after dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts