Doughball single coiled hooks

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by festus, Sep 4, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

Has anyone tried the single coiled doughball hooks as in the attachment? I fish for cats and carp using doughballs sometimes, and it can be a pain to remove a treble hook. Just wondering if anyone has used the single coiled hooks and if they are effective, they have to be much easier to remove from the fish's mouth.

2. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I use treble type for all my dougbaits but I have used the hook you have shown well with dip baits that are mixed with flour and are near rock like consistency. Take the hook and jam it in the tub and pull out you will be amazed how well it holds. It does the job well.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The hook you have pic will work well with dough bait. It is a matter of preference.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with Michael, it's all in what you prefer. I always use plain jane circles on whatever larger bait in that category I use.:wink:

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i use the single coiled hooks alot trebles at times..the single hooks are alot easier to remove for sure if your planning on releasing any fish

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have used them in the past,They aren't as easy to find as the trebels for some odd reason.:wink:

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I believe that hook would work really well there. Never had much problem with dough balls when fishing for carp.

8. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you can't find em where you live, I do this if I need em. Take a ballpoint pen spring and stretch it to the hook size you are using and slide it over your hook. You can keep it in place by tying thread to it and the shank of the hook. Works well if you can't find em. Ebay has pen springs from time to time if you need a lot.