Dough Bait Recipes - I want to see some secret recipes

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Catfish_Rob, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    My dough bait:

Ingredients:

Hamburger meat
    Garlic Powder
    Corn Syrup
    Sugar
    Flower
    Vanilla
    Liquid Smoke
    Cornflake Crumbs

I don't know the amounts I use because I never measure it....I just mix it up 'til it's sticky. I have been catching carp and channel cats with it. I would like some comments or suggestions on how to ge the big ones to bite.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Robert Welcome to the BOC and thanks for sharing your recipe. For additional recipes check out the BOC members library.

3. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    try youtube seen some recipes on there

4. Justyn Catfisherman

Justyn Catfisherman New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Melt 1 lb. cheese for about 1 min. in microwave then chop 6-8 oz. of raw pork, perch, or both in combination. chop 1 head of garlic and add garlic salt, mix in 1 can dog food, add 1 dozen minnows and enough flour to give a dough consistency. Mix in a food processor. this bait works best on treble hooks or bait tubes. It will work great.

Place about two pounds of leftover shad and a tub of chicken livers with about two cups of bacon grease or vegetable oil in a loosely covered bucket and allow to sit in the sun until the shad liquify.

Add about 6 cups of regular oatmeal,2 cups of yellow cornmeal, a cup of brown sugar and a 4oz package of limburger cheese. stir carefully but thoroughly. Return the bucket to a sunny location for another week for more fermentation.

Thicken with flour or cattail fuzz for bait, or thin with water for chum.
    1.5 cups of cornmeal
    1 cup of flour
    16-20 ounces of Big red
    Anise oil

Add cornmeal, flour and anise oil to pot. Use however much anise oil you need. Add almost 3/4 of a bottle of big red. Cook this over medium heat constantly stirring until most of the liquid had been soaked up and the dough is stiff adn sticky. Flour a counter surface and transfer the sticky dough on top of it. Here is the important part, kneed the doughbait, just like you would with a loaf of bread incorporating more flour for at least ten to fifteen minutes. This allows gluten to form in the dough and prevents the bait from just coming off the hook. Kneed more flour into the dough until the dough is not sticky. Use a treble hook and good luck. I have been doing really well with this bait for quite a while. Also when I ran out of anise oil, I crushed about three tablespoons of anise seed into the dough and it did just as well. The nice thing about this dough is it freezes well and lasts a long time. This is the best one.

Good luck and go get some big cats with these great recipes.

5. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Thanks for that recipe....that bait goes into demensions I hadn't even thought about...I used my bait last night and caught some small 5-6 lb channels cats....does a treble hook really improve the catch to loss ratio?

Catfish Rob

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i bet you're one of those people who can't keep a secret!!!!!:smile2::smile2: j/k